63 unibody

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

yeah i guess its my age, anytime i set out to build something it ends up on big wheels. cant help it i suppose....
i would like to build a chop'd shoe box or 50ish chebbie on whitewalls one of these days
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

got the tailgate mounted up... the truck has rust issues where the hinges mount so this is a temp job...its gunna need some love

dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

rolled her outside after work yesterday... need to rig the bumper up ( temp till i make my new one) and she's ready to be hauled to the show this weekend

bbw pic ( still needs more welding and grinding of course )
Hookedtrout

Post by Hookedtrout »

Looks pretty awesome, I just love the unibody body line, makes for an awesome pounded truck. Can't wait to get mine moving along, wish some of you experts lived a little closer so I could get through the learning curve faster.
Cory

1962 F100 SWB Unibody, 223
1931 Ford 5 window coupe
1968 GT/California Special Mustang, 289
Complete 61 LWB Unibody parts truck with 292 Y Block
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

thanx, i wish i was an expert though!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Do you have any reinforcing along the sill`s, to hold the weight?, or is it just sitting that close!.

the definition of an EXPERT is, `X` = an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under pressure! :lol:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

lol...

the frame and sills lay at basically the same time. no damage to them other than what they already had :)
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

bought a 4x4/ big truck valance off egay....what do yall think?

maybe close the opening a couple inches each side?
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

where did you find that ive been looking for years for one of those it looks awesome bro great job
""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I like it, if you don't use I may lol
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

thanx guys!
i caught it on ebay last week.... i actually missed the auction cause i was waiting on a email from the guy. it was 55 bux and said free shipping, i figured it was a mistake so i asked the guy... he replied back that it wasnt a mistake so i bought it. im sure it was 20bux at least to ship it ups!

im pretty sure im gunna close the opening up a lil on each side when i get back from the show this weekend
DHP NM

Post by DHP NM »

I love this truck. I might change my mind about putting bags on mine
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

And the creeper is for what ???????????????????????
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Fanatic wrote:And the creeper is for what ???????????????????????

So you can get to the roof of the cab!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

been workin on my kid sisters silverado last few weeks so this has been on the back burner. back half'ing her truck and setting it up to layout on 22s. shes a trucker like me!!!!

ive bought a few things for it though.... picked up and 63 biscayne steering wheel. im gunna make a new horn button for it, one that doesnt say Chevrolet of course :)
also picked up a 30in tilt column shift column. came with billet shifter and knobs. think im gunna bead blast them to knock the shine off

also picked up a summit brand electronic dizzy for the 460.
we're planing on taking the body off the frame this halloween durning our annual party :)

dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

been pluckin away at this...
truck got shot for blood, sweat, and gears in street trucks mag, dunno when it'll actually print but keep an eye out for it.
heres a pic from its 1st show, got there early on setup day

built a body cart for it outta some extra material i had layin around. 3x3x.25 tubing is a bit over kill but it was free... casters were only 30 bux so hard to complain

couple chassis shots. it'll get sandblasted and painted here soon
gotta weld in a cross member up front and finish welding a few things

557f1
Australia

Post by 557f1 »

I've been following you progress on photobucket and I have to say
That's a really nice job you have done on your chassis,
The vertical bar you put in the support for the cab while you repair it ,is a good idea.
Job well done
twistedfreak

Post by twistedfreak »

looks real good bro i should have mine out this weekend minus the bags but i finally got the front swap finsihed up and going to try and roll it out friday afternoon
""WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE UNGRATEFUL""
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

fords love to rust!!!!
finally got a minute to mess with the floor on this thing. its gunna take a lil while

heres what it looked like after i cut out the riveted crap panels they put in

started by cutting out the bad spot where the brace meets the door step
i replaced it with a piece i cut from a parts truck

i cut the driver floor the rest of the way out. ive made the pattern for it, i need to set up my bead roller and make the new patch. my plan is to make the floor good and solid then im goin to lift the front of the body off the cart so i can cut the door step completely out and replace with a good one from a parts truck.
dragginwagon

Post by dragginwagon »

got some free time to work on the floor. practiced a bit with the bead roller, my 1st attempt at this.

i have to cut and make a new half wall also. hopefully during the holiday weekend i can get that and the door step knocked out