Leaf Spring Plates?

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sweet6T6Ford

Leaf Spring Plates?

Post by Sweet6T6Ford »

Hello, new to the site. I had a question for anyone out there who knows.... What leaf spring plates (the plate that attaches to the u bolts and holds the axle to the leaf spring i have learned) has a mount for shocks? Ive heard something about a 69 Camaro? Looking for whatever I can use to relocate the shocks to the the plate and the rear crossmember. I have seen GDG's mount set-up and he has it but he hasnt been able to get back to me. Thanks for any and all advice.
Robert
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/uofmfresh/
"In the silence of the night if you listen quietly you can hear your neighbors chevy rusting"-- unknown
Brians1966
United States of America

Post by Brians1966 »

If I remember 1969 through 73 Mustangs used that type rear shock mount-
The BOSS 302 I had used staggered shock if you need that type of set up,
Also you might try 1968 to 71 Torino They had rear leaf springs
Also welcome to the site- you will meet some pretty helpful and awesome people here- One thing though We Love Pictures of your Slick hint hint

Ops just seen your photobucket nice picts
1966 F-100 LONG BED, 240cid 3 speed red and white, Red and White Interior with a Mossy Oak Seat Cover
2013 Ford F150 STX Supercab 5.0 litre

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try to do something incredibly stupid!

CONFIDENCE: Is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation!
Sweet6T6Ford

plates

Post by Sweet6T6Ford »

Im doing a custom suspension and would like to mount the springs on the plate and angle them from there up towards the center. They will connect to the crossmember that runs across there. something kinda triangular / \
Robert
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/uofmfresh/
"In the silence of the night if you listen quietly you can hear your neighbors chevy rusting"-- unknown
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

all of your midsize fords used them 60s- early 70s fairlane, mustang falcon.
I will assume you have a 9" rear so be sure to get plates that have the same U-bolts that you have , some of the cars had a necked down axle tube and the u-bolts were smaller
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.