Seam Sealer down our way

Here you go guys. An Australian Chapter
Leeroy
Australia

Seam Sealer down our way

Post by Leeroy »

With this relentless rain, I've noticed I have 2 small leaks from where the cowl plenum and the firewall meet on the drivers side, 1 just above the accelerator and one just above the brake pedal support.
It appears to be coming from the seam sealer where the two meet, not any rust hole or anything sinister. Looks like its had some type of hard body sealer added at some stage in its life, but I want to clean it up and lay a new seal.

Any of you guys used anything down here with good results? I know plain silicon sealer is a no no for our sheetmetal, all the guys on the site recommend 3m seam sealer but I haven't found it down here (Or at least victoria any way)
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Its been awhile!, but I`m sure I got 3m sealer, just never give it to the body guy!, mine gave it to the painter and told him to just run a bead around the floor in the box and paint it!, cost me 2 days labour to scrape and sand to get rid of the yellow pelican shite!, and then repaint, not happy Jan!!! :evil:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif