The fever has hit and not sure that I can resist any longer

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BlueGhost

Re: The fever has hit and not sure that I can resist any lon

Post by BlueGhost »

cooter wrote:Why didnt ford make a crew cab lightning? Would have been a good seller im sure.
They sort of did if you know what to look for. The 2002-2003 Harley Davidson edition F150 is basically a supercrew lightning. I believe the engine is slightly detuned from the lighting but that could be fixed. I'm still upset with Dodge for throwing down the SRT10 trump card and ending the high performance truck war. I still think they could have built a 8 cylinder hemi based truck that would have been competitive with the lightning. Then Ford and Dodge could have gone back an forth one uping each other with the pickups, like what going on now with Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers.
SBC is a defunct phone company, not an engine option.
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

At my age I guess my attitude is "whats the point" I drive the speed limit, no more no less. A nicely equiped V6 Mustang is just as nice as the GT500 IMO.

Ive spent over 15k on our Harleys, none of it on performance mods. They haul ass just fine on the 100-odd hp/tq that the factory installed.
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

the only thing i hated about my v6 stang was having to say "yeah, it's just the 6" over and over again. funny thing is that it would outrun the last gen gt's. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I totally get it big Mike. I want one pretty bad too but they just ain't practical for my uses, so I guess I am fortunate? That I can't really afford on anyway. If I wait much longer for my mid life crisis it might have to be postponed to another life :((
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
bluebolt

Post by bluebolt »

cooter wrote:all the triton v8 and v10 motors up to 04 spit the spark plug out of the head and took the threads with them, the 04-08s had the spark plugs break inside the head when trying to remove them. Try a google search and you will have weeks of reading ahead. If you buy a truck froma dealer tell them to change the plugs before you buy it, if they break they can deal with it before you buy it.
The 03-04 engines have more spark plug threads in the heads, 8 versus 4 if memory serves me right. They are NOT prone to spitting out plugs. Early 99-02 Lightnings like to spit plugs out for sure!
bluebolt

Post by bluebolt »

ezernut9mm wrote:you ever try and launch a 500hp pickup? i guess if you are real good you could do it, all i've ever seen in person just go up in smoke at the line. the t56 isn't recommended for any towing. the lightning still has 850 lb bed rating and can tow 5000lbs. they are cool trucks though and i am not trying to pick a fight with ya.
:mrgreen:
Still driving my 2003 Sonic Blue lightning everyday, 115,000 trouble free miles, 13.47 at the strip dead stock on stock tires. I haul stuff in the bed, have towed over 7000 pounds and raced a SRT10 Ram at the strip and beat him by a quarter second. He had drag radial Nittos too. He asked me what mods I had, he couldn't beleive it was dead stock.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

ezernut9mm wrote:the only thing i hated about my v6 stang was having to say "yeah, it's just the 6" over and over again. funny thing is that it would outrun the last gen gt's. lol
Hell, That's what I thrive on! In my case; "It's just the four cylinder Pinto motor", after they've just been spanked by a fat ol' gray haired dude in a Fox body!

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul