new prospect,,I'm not a traitor

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jeffw

new prospect,,I'm not a traitor

Post by jeffw »

hey I just got a 1958 international pick up,, for one beer!! it is a short bed
stepside model,, it has butt ugly army green paint, split rear window,, I just have to get my tail out ther and pick her up,,she is a nice truck, to bad she aint a ford though, she has been sittin on a farm since the earth was born and the owner want her gone,, I found this out chattin with his son at the local pub,, simple question,, (me) what year is that ol truck??)
(him) its a 1958, why do you want it,,) (me) sure how much?)(him) if you want it buy me a beer, we'll call it even.) sweet deal I'd say,, I'll get some pics soon, It still ain't as preety as my uni though, I'll use it to practice my painting skillz, that way the uni won't have to pay the price. lol
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

post some pics :)

I'm really not a purist to any one brand, I can appreciate a lot of different makes and models. Theres a lot of older chevys, plymouths, dodges, packards (list goes on and on) that I really do like.

About the only thing I dont like is a Chevy engine in a ford. I am soooooo sick of "lets stick a 350 in 'er!! woohoo!" thinking.

Internationals are cool in a "not everyone has them" sense.
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

the twin rear window thing is cool. seen one of them in a movie on sci fi channel
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Good deal. Nothing wrong with an old Cornbinder. My Grandpa and my uncle used them excusively. My uncle drove them so his kids would not want to take it to town! LOL Worked too.
I always wanted chip foose to do an international, he could make so many Ugly GMs look good he could surely have done amazing things with an International.

check this >LINK<
They can come out pretty nice just don't pick a chebby to swap on to LOL
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jeffw

international

Post by jeffw »

it seems me and mr. one beer salesman were wrong on the year, after lookin at Johnny's link I researched the year and it turns out that she is a 1952 harvester L.120 model there is a red one on e-bay that looks exactly like the one I got, soon as I get some pics I'll post and let ya fellas know
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

Jeff,
Put a lot of miles in a 1951 Binder up in your area as I was growing up. As I remember, wasn;t a bad ride.
Fred
jeramy

Post by jeramy »

my first truck was a 62 short box i love them ugly ol bastiches
1963 f-100 short flareside
2003 mustang
2007 harley davidson sportster custom
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

We're not going to tar and feather you.......but....., oh God, its an IH..... and its sooooooo damn ugly.
I can hear it now. "Hi guys, it followed me home. Can I keep it. I promise to feed it and clean up after it. Pleeeease? Can I keep it and stay with the group?"
O.K. A man has to do what a man has to do.
Just don't ask any technical "Corn Binder" questions here. We (collectively) don't have a freaking clue. :roll:
ROTFLMAO
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

I love CornBinders!
Heres a lil truk I built.
I got the cab for free then got a buncha part for FA.
Built my own chassis and threw some parts at.
We called it "the Bindup"

Get pics of yours!

-Shiny
every movie I've seen the bad guy in the Camaro outruns the cop in the Crown Vic everytime!

'66 Merc "Crewlcab", SWB, clipped, c-notched etc
'65 Merc extra-cab,soon to be 3/4ton 4x4 SWBSOLD
'66 Merc J-Lo and Redford movie truck, from the movie "an unfinished life"
'66 Merc Crew Cab project 4x4 Cummins!
'65 Chevy crew cab
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

luv the exhaust! lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.