seat material source

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dotcentral

seat material source

Post by dotcentral »

Thought I'd pass this on. SMS Auto Fabrics. They're not cheap, but supposedly do quality stuff and their response to my question was less than 24 hours. Link to their site is info@smsautofabrics.com. This is not a kit, so I'd still need to find someone to stitch it together. Not sure if I will splurge or not, but not a bad price considering what else is out there.

Dear SMS Auto Fabrics

I have a 1966 Ford F100 Custom cab. Red interior, Red vinyl bench seat with the woven, sort of plaid-like inserts. Top/middle of backrest has the Ford "lighting bolt" insignia embossed. Do you stock the materials to recover my bench seat? What would be the price, with tax, shipping, & handling to Charlotte, NC 28203? Thank you for your time.

Tim Dotson
Charlotte, NC

Tim-- We do have these materials. The woven material is $89/yard, and you'll need 1 1/2 yards of it. The plain red vinyl is $45/yard, and you'll need 2 yards. We'll emboss the lightning bolt into the vinyl for $85.

thanks,
David
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Tim I paid $250.00 to cover my custom seat.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

I'm not sure what I will do. I am thinking about just getting a standard seat cover kit and doing it myself. But I ran across this particular place when looking through some other truck sites. It's expensive, but apparently uses the correct materials and offers the embossed logo, which seems to be rare. Thought I'd share the info.
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

I paid about $325 in KC to have a pretty nice job of recovering the seat and back. I had it done in cloth, a good modern durable type. Breathes nice in hot weather, which is a contrast to vinyl (or stuff made of Naugas).

I have some sort of early developmental memories of my dad cussin' the orginal seat when it fell apart at about 4 years of age (pickup and me both).......
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!