I hate to have to ask.....why "slick"?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

foodstick

Re: I hate to have to ask.....why "slick"?

Post by foodstick »

yeah, once we decided to do a run of t-shirts... there was NO TURNING BACK !
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I looked around on that O'Briens website for the plaques for clubs and
found some information about what they want if we wanted to have our own
club plaques made.

Artworks need to be pure Black and White
Black represents Raised (full 1/4” thickness)
White Represents Recessed (less than full 1/4” thickness)
No shading, grayscale, half tones or colors
Xeroxing a color drawing makes a grayscale - not a B & W artwork
Minimum spacing should be 2 Points or .028 inches
Try to keep you design simple so it can be read from a distance
If you want a horizontal plaque don’t send us a vertical artwork
Castings do not have to be rectangular
Our main software for artworks is Corel Draw
We can import .jpg, .ai, .eps, .PDF, and many other files
Do not send us tiny 14KB files - they do not scale up
Save file as high resolution (300DPI or better - bigger IS better
customcab

Post by customcab »

Well like most folks I've lived and breath on fte site; but I'm slowly transisting to here. Just to add to all the comments about truck series names; we call the 57-60 Orphans. I owned or presently have atleast one truck from each series from 57-87.
But the Slicks and Uni's are my favorite!

Mitch
1964 F100 360 C/6 "Old Skool"

"A Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars & its warriors will have its laws made by cowards & its wars fought by fools" Thucydides
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

foodstick wrote:Here is how it happened, When I started the club with Kid ... I got SO TIRED of telling people what kind of truck we were into..

After awhile saying " 61-66 Ford F-series trucks" got OLD. And try it with a person..they get this blank stare like they are going into a coma ! :)
So, after hearing some older trucks being called EFFIES, and FAT FENDERS .. I just decide..Like it or not..we will come up with our own nickname...

So I posted the idea to badge our trucks with a nickname on the board , and as I worked in the garage I thought the older 60 style was so big and blocky, and the 67 on were much sharper , our trucks were slicker, a more melted flowing design than the ones before, or after them.. So, I posted on the board, what if we call the truck club Slick 60's to cover our body style.. I couldn't decide whether to spell out the 60, or use numbers.. another member said "Use the number for sure !" so that is how we went that way.
At the time the product SLICK 50 was advertising a lot so it sounded similar, and ok to me.. thats how it happened..

Also around that time we had some members with 57-60 models and they were complaining " Hey ! what about us?" "We need a name for our trucks" Someone came up with FRIDGES around that time, I have NO IDEA who,or if they were a member of our club.. but you want to talk about a PERFECT name for them ! It reminds me so much of those big broad fridges.. perfect...
im pretty sure you came up with the name after looking at my 65 lmao

back then she was pretty nice but she will be better soon! th_crafty.gif
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Even though I had a Dalmation I named Slick the term always carried a neagative conotation.
I could never quite figure why. Finally one day on the Golden Country Oldies it came to me. I'd been hearing the term for years.

"If I'm down in a honky tonk, some "Ole Slick". is trying to give me friction. I said leave me alone I'm singing all night long, it's a family tradition".

I'd bet Bocephus' Ole Slick is sixty four not a '64. The friction he's talking about is, well friction is friction!
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!