Instructions for Mustang duel master cylinder swap.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

1944-1961

Instructions for Mustang duel master cylinder swap.

Post by 1944-1961 »

Gary D or others. Will you please post instructions for Mustang duel master cylinder swap into a 65 F-100? sure would appreciate it.
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
1944-1961

will this MC fit my 65 f-100?

Post by 1944-1961 »

Is it a simple matter of changing one for the other or are there modifications to be made? Other than lines and adding valve?
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

The master is a bolt in. You will need a "T" and a few double female connectors, one reducer for the master cylinder, and 2 step down lines (got mine at Advance auto parts you will need the ones that have the big end green colored), and 2 about 20" (I think) lines My 62 had 2 holes in the brake pedal and the rear most one was a perfect fit for the pushrod length, otherwise you just measure and shorten the rod (should be about 7/8"). After you get the master mounted and set up just go under the truck and remove the 4 way splitter put 1 double female on the rear brake line, and screw the 2 front lines into the "T" then you just plumb lines down to those from the MC and bleed the brakes. Take care where you route them down, you don't want them rubbing on anything. There are some pics in my album on page 2 that makes sense of all this. I can take some more if you need them. Be sure to fully inspect all your lines and/or replace them while you are at it. One of these days Teamhaney & I are going to do his 65, maybe I will take some step by step pics and do another "How To" then.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.