Anyone know more about a C4 tranny that I? Hint: Most!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cdherman

Anyone know more about a C4 tranny that I? Hint: Most!!

Post by cdherman »

I am trying to make sure I know as much as I can before I try this swap.

I am currently on torque convertor knowledge gathering.

I have a 164 tooth bell for my 240 (SBF pattern) and a 164 tooth flex plate. I also have a TC and it fits to the flexplate as well -- the 4 bolts that hold the flexplate to the TC are 11 7/16 apart c to C.

There are 10, 11 and 12 inch TC out there. This one seems to be about 12 1/2 inches in diameter.

Here are the questions:

Is this a 12" convertor (I would assume yes, but I was hoping that someone would tell me yes for sure).

My flex plate seems a little warped, perhaps 1/16 inch. I am pretty sure the bolts would draw it up tight to the TC, but maybe I should still be worried?

Thanks in advance.....
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Ford4jack

Post by Ford4jack »

Been on a quest for C-4 knowledge myself. Keep seeing your name in various forums.
Looks like the best C-4 info I have found so far was in the FM forums. Have you came across any other sites with dependable info ?

I kept the trans and all the misc parts related to it out of an 81 model truck that I parted out. Looks to be the preferred model of the C-4 from what I have found so far.

Good luck on your swap. I might be doing the same thing in the future.