Fast N' Loud 69 Ford Truck

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bcook07
United States of America

Fast N' Loud 69 Ford Truck

Post by bcook07 »

Anyone else see the episode of Fast N Loud with the 69 F100 the build. I was loving it when they threw the crown vic ifs in and used the 4.6 DOHC.

The bad part is that crown vic sub prices just went up. :oops:

1962 Ford Unibody SWB
1953 Ford F100
1967 Ford Mustang
rickairmedic

Re: Fast N' Loud 69 Ford Truck

Post by rickairmedic »

Yep watched and recorded it last night and then watched it again today since there was nothing else on :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

why did they go with boxwood green? i have always disliked that color. that truck would look real good in rootbeer.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
bcook07
United States of America

Post by bcook07 »

They went with the green because according to the vin it was the original color of the truck.

Looks like a shiny version of primer to me, im not a huge fan. but overall I think it is one sharp truck.
1962 Ford Unibody SWB
1953 Ford F100
1967 Ford Mustang
OldDawg

Post by OldDawg »

Yeah, I watched it. I think they said it was a '68, but nevertheless, it turned out nice. I just have a hard time believing they did it in 7 days. They showed them struggling with the wiring and completely glossed over the installation of the IFS, which was what I was interested in watching. They're all a bunch of knuckleheads, but it's entertaining I guess.

I'm looking forward to the Slick build that the 'Overhaulin' crew has apparently done. I keep seeing teaser previews on 'Velocity' for new episodes of that show, but don't know when that particular one will air.

Good stuff...

OldDawg
1966 Custom Cab Longbed (Shep)
352, 4 spd, PS

I did my own version of the Slick 60's Tee-Shirt design here:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/olddawg ... -tee-shirt
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

The "Overhaulin" show is just new to Velocity. Listen carefully to the promos. It's an old Chip Foose build.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

http://usedcarstock.com/product-9334.html
overhauling truck
You can buy it if you want :shock: :shock: :shock:

Danny
Last edited by Hunter's 64 on July 20, 2012, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sully5

Post by sully5 »

OMG, the owner on Fast N Loud is a flippin' moron. He almost makes the show unbearable to watch. The shop just wants him out of the freakin' way. I predict that the show will not last very long with the current owner.

He spent $29,500 in parts/labor/paint + $2500 to buy it. I find it VERY hard to believe that someone bought it for $50K?? For a F100??? I love these trucks but $50K?? I'm going down to State Farm to increase my stated value from $20K to $40K. :shock:
If thou bleedest not, thou workest not. - Hezekiah 2:12
63BIGWINDOW

Post by 63BIGWINDOW »

Its funny how many experts that are on this forum,and opinons seem to be a dime a dozen.
The guys are good friends of mine and happen to be excellent craftsmen, KC does all our paint work and has for years, Aaron is a very talented fabricator,and from most of the builds I've followed on here, I have yet to see the same quality of what these guys are capable of.( how many people here have built $100k street rods?). Yeah Richard is out there but THIS IS A TV SHOW FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES, and edited that way, you dont see everything in the weeks it takes to film an episode ,plus no one would watch if he acted like what you see as normal. And as far as the auction pricing goes , when I left the auction(a real, legal auction) it was up to $47,500.00 and yes the truck is that nice, it got more attention than the Shelbys, cobras, Auburns, etc.
You would have see it in person to appreciate the sublty of the truck, its very detailed and no chrome/billet crap that draws your attention to one item, it drives awesome and averages 20mpg. So instead of lots of uncalled for comment's why not be thankful that a tv show drives/builds F100's and it gives them exposure to maybe increase the popularity and value of our trucks..
63 big window shop truck
93 2wd lightning/bronco-wifes driver
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i think you are getting too defensive. no one slammed the truck or the build. i wondered about the color. it's a horrible color-in my opinion. one of fords worst. other than that, i like the stance, power, etc.
sully commented on a "character" in the show. why do all shows have to try and have all these different types of personalities? do the producers think that people won't watch if there isn't any head butting? i dunno. i guess that's entertainment.
still a cool build and very well done.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
sully5

Post by sully5 »

The way Richard (or whatever the owners name is) acts makes car guys look stupid. The others on the show are extremely talented. No doubt the build was very good, but IMO there are better F100 builds on this sight (mine is NOT one of them) like kstone63's build. I saw nothing particularly spectacular in the Fast N Loud build, at least from what they were able to show. Perhaps there were aspects that got missed by filming. I, for one am GLAD that these trucks are gaining value, just not terribly impressed with what they showed.

I truly wish they would drop the drama/strange behavior. In every shop I've ever worked in, people like "Richard" wouldn't be around very long. That tells me he probably is not as moronic as he acts on TV. If Aaron is the guy with the big beard, yes, he is the true talent of the operation IMO.
If thou bleedest not, thou workest not. - Hezekiah 2:12
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

63bigwindow, I can think of about 10 trucks right now from this site that put that truck to shame, and that is just off the top of my head. I would put some of the talent from this site up against those guys in a build off any time. I watched the show once and got about half way through it and could not stand it any longer and havent watched it since........................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

here's my :2cents:
I think they did the right thing with the color. Right for the ERA of the truck.
It's just a TV shows, guys. The guy bugs me too, but it's cars, so I watch, when I grow weary of it, it's off and I try to work on my own stuff.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

I think Bird hit it on the head it is a TV show . There has to be a certain amount of drama and nonsense to keep most normal folks tuned in . I will admit there are alot of us that would be happy just watching the builds and seeing how they did things . The unfortunate truth is there are not enough of us out there to keep the ratings up and sell commercials to keep the show on . I would bet Richard Rowlings is a totally differant guy when not infront of the camera myself . I am just happy to have another carshow on the Tube . I am sure most of us can remember Boyd Coddingtons show which made him look like a tool and a major arse as well simply to get the ratings .

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

I like the show, its entertaining and not too much personal drama. I think they do a nice job on the vehicles they build. Its totally different building a truck in your garage for yourself and trying to spec build something under a shop with lots of carrying costs and selling it for profit. I have seen far worse stuff come out of larger shops! I saw their rat rod and hauler at sema a few years back and it was impressive!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Sorry in advance for the RANT!
But, I'm constantly amazed at what passes for entertainment these days. And don't even get me started on the NEWS. Part of the problem is the quest to fill up 300 plus cable channels 24 hours a day with some kind of noise. There are several auto-related shows which have stood the test of time: Gearz, Hot Rod TV, Two Guys Garage, Trucks, Cut, Chop and Rebuild, etc. (although they all have their moments and way too many sponsor placements within the show), but even Speed Channel has delved into the absurd with shows such as the Jersey Parts show and the before and after Race shows that feature a resident "goof ball" such as Rutledge Wood and the token cutie (which more often than not seems to be the previous year's Miss NASCAR doing cutesy and inane tricks/segments to fill the time. And don't even get me started on Kyle Petty who has turned into more of an "on-camera" joke than his final years as a driver.
The citizens of the state where I live didn't have a very good reputation before the current crop of non-automotive "reality shows" started being broadcasts, but the reputation of the more normal citizens has been dragged further into the crapper (image-wise).
However, there is a fairly "low-tech" solution. The remote control (or the even lower-tech on/off switch. If more of us would turn to another station or just turn the damned TV off they just "MIGHT" get the message and put something on that's worth watching. If you can't afford to or don't want to buy magazines you can check most of them at the local library.
Just my 2 center worth.

Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Grits, I agree with most of what you said. . I watch little tv and what I do watch is older shows and very few new ones. The fast and loud is just like the others where one guy runs his mouth and every one else does the work, just like Coddingtons show was. You have one guy running around spending the sponsers and tv shows money to buy things and then have someone else build them I dont see any thing special from that show and as far as comparing talent from there to some of our members, the guys here outclass those guys by miles. Now as I said I only watched about half a episode and was not impressed and havent tried to see it since so maybe I just tuned in to the one bad show they had but I doubt it.
I used to be a avid Nascar fan , had been since the 60's but it sure has changed and not for the better. About all it is now is advertising and parades ( they dont race they just parade around ) and I agree about the resident goofball and the commentaters are not much better, You got Dallenback who never could race or have a thought of his own and I never cared for Wallace or either Waltrip. I do disagree about Petty, ( I have been a Petty fan since before STP sponsered Richard ) so I do like Kyle just because.
I would think a good hot rod show that showed how things were done would be a better draw than the drama series that seem to draw the viewers. I like cut,chop, rebuild as they just show how it is done and no drama. .........Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Kid: I swore I was just going to say my piece and not respond further, but in response to your comment, I guess I'll have to give Kyle Petty a bye. I have a lot of respect for the accomplishments of Richard and I guess Kyle was a pretty good racer at one time in his career. Maybe losing his son Adam affected his driving toward the end of his career, which would certainly be understandable. He does occasionally have some pithy comments on the NASCAR organization but playing Putt Putt with the "girls" on a supposed "race" show, puleeeezzze.

Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

LOL Grits, I know he was never even close to his Dad but he did fairly well on the short tracks when he drove for Sabatis. He dominated Richmond for several years. I dont think he ever had his heart in racing like Richard but did it to stay working. I agree when he lost Adam it was the end of his driving. He did alot getting Adam and the Victory Junction camp up and running that racing for himself took a back seat to everything else. I guess I was such a Petty fan I just had to keep Kyle as my favorite till the end.............Kid
SLICKCOLLECTOR
United States of America

Post by SLICKCOLLECTOR »

i have been known to do some stupid sheet, but i never have snorted jack daniels down my nose. that is one crazy basta**. i find it very entertaining. all my friends that were that crazy are all dead. i wonder why! i enjoy the show and it is like watching zoo animals. can't wait till next week.

jim
1966 F100 SW 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW 428 TL sold
1966 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1966 F100 LB RANGER 390 C6 sold finally
1965 F100 SW CVC 460PI C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1972 F100 RANGER XLT SW 428 C6 SOLD
1967 F100 SW CVC 521 C6
1967 F350 390 4 SPEED
1970 F350 428 4 SPEED