headliner instalation

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

headliner instalation

Post by Kid »

Lance made me a new headliner and we were having issues getting it put in, The little repopped clips that go above the windshield are way smaller than the orig and are a real pain to put in so we decided since we were using the plastic material you put up on bathroom walls to get a piece of the plastic that goes between the sheets when you put them up and use that. It should hook one side groove to the lip above the windshield and the other groove should let the headliner set in it and it will look better to have a white strip run across the top of the windshield that to have the little black clips. Pics will follow when we have a chance as some asshat stole my camera out of my pickup............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Re: headliner instalation

Post by Kid »

hopefully I can put a pic in here of the headliner in up against the windshield without the black clips holding it in
Attachments
headliner.jpg
headliner.jpg (33.71 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

cool it worked, I used this plastic piece that goes between the plastic wall panels you put up in bathrooms to hold the front of the headliner up so I did not have to use those dang little clips.
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Looks like it worked pretty good so whats the bungee chord for :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I put bungee cords from the visors and mirror on the front to the lip above the window on the back to hold the headliner up while I worked on it, keeps it from dropping down while I am in the by myself
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Don't throw those little clips out. I made the mistake of just calling and ordering a set of the clips with out pricing them. My thought was how much could they be, right? Turned out they could be $28.00 by the time all was said & done. We only use the 5 larger clips.
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

my brother in law works in a auto body supply store and before I got the idea I used I spent about an hour in his parts book and you can buy an almost identical clip and the cost is $10 for a box of 25 and they are bigger than the repops. I did not save the part number but might be able to find it again the next time I am in there......................Kid
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Kid: Chances are pretty good the catalog you looked through was either Spaenaur or Auveco.....

http://www.spaenaur.com/

http://www.auveco.com/

James