Another Brake Light Question...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

dcombs

Another Brake Light Question...

Post by dcombs »

Hi Guys,

I did a search and got a ton of input but wanted to ask because I still can't fix it...

I have rear running lights when the head lights are on and blinkers work too. But no brake lights. I took the two wires off the stop light pressure switch and ran completed the circuit with my test light, but the brake lights didn't come on. Does that mean the pressure switch is working and there's another problem?

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Danny
62galxe

Re: Another Brake Light Question...

Post by 62galxe »

you hook the two wires off the brake switch together without the test light to complete the circuit. I just use a piece of wire to hook the two together for testing.
1963 uni PATINA BLUE
1965 short bed
dcombs

Post by dcombs »

Aw. That makes sense! I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
Danny
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

my brake lights are just the opposite (on my son Matthews truck) , they are on all the time, I am figureing its a bad brake light switch in my case. Also make sure to check the bulbs, there are running lights, flashers, and brake lights, not sure how the circuitry works out, but a couple of those have to work in relation to one another...

1965 SWB 460 C6 AUTO "Red Barron Red"
1965 SWB Going 302 w/C4 Auto (Matthew's)
1969 Dodge Charger "replica General Lee" 440 w/727 (Mine)

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!