Not very happy with parts suppliers right now!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Harper
United States of America

Not very happy with parts suppliers right now!

Post by Harper »

I have placed at least 3 seperate orders. With parts suppliers- and have yet to. Get one order correct or in full. Wth? Really, this is your day time job and you can't take an order correctly? Nor ship the correct amount?
If you DO NOT have you hand on the part we are purchasing Do NOT tell us you have it in stock! Please.
And if you sell a universial part for a 65-72 warn. Us that your so called origional tooling is UNIVERSAL and may not come labeled as the correct year nor resemble the origional! Jus sayin

1965 SWB 460 C6 AUTO "Red Barron Red"
1965 SWB Going 302 w/C4 Auto (Matthew's)
1969 Dodge Charger "replica General Lee" 440 w/727 (Mine)

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Not very happy with parts suppliers right now!

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

thanks Iceman

If you sent your Truck out to a restoration shop, you did NOT build it, jus sayin!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:call Tom
http://www.flashbackf100s.com
Seriously. Resistance is futile. :mrgreen:
I don't know why people fight with Lesser Mechanical Component suppliers. :wink:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Harper
United States of America

Post by Harper »

we get drawn in by the big fancy catalogs, the smack talk etc... and I guess as in any brand/model of resto, you have to take your chances to get to the good ones. I am just really glad to have this forum with the experience and knowledge of people on here to cut to the chase and get to where we need to be for our needs.

I know that I post a lot. I know I ask a lot of questions...I am very passionate about my hobbys, sometimes my answer or your answer may not be the answer I want lol however if you ask a question and get 4-5 answers, then most times you can find that "middle of the road" end answer that you can live with. therefore why we have forums to begin with... thanks guys/gals for putting up with all the seemingly endless useless questions!! :)

*motor*mount*
United States of America

Post by *motor*mount* »

Do like me. Get a fine toothed file and a micrometer and make parts that you know will work fit.
Jim H. Shiflet jr. my pictures are at photo bucket shifletjr is the name on the album. Click this link to see my pictures http://m815.photobucket.com/profile/shifletjr .also look at newest uploads and mobile uploads. 1964 costume cab and 2 ford f650 flat bed wreckers. and now a 2008 chrysler convertible