Title Search

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

thrush544

Title Search

Post by thrush544 »

Hello,
A friend of mine has a chance to buy a classic motorcycle but the title is lost and most likely the last registered owner has passed on. Have any of you guys used a title search company that you had good success with? If so what kind of money are we talking?

Thanks & God Bless,
Ed
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Title Search

Post by Toyz »

Title searches can be performed on-line for some states through companies such as publicdata.com.
I can't help you with PA, but I know of an excellent one person company here who gets results on bonded tiles if the vehicle checks out . $450.00 provided a bonded title in a matter of days, not much more than the registration and transfer cost with a negotiable title.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Re: Title Search

Post by DV65CustomCab »

A title search can be done through PaDOT, but due to privacy laws they will likely black out the owner's name. Pretty much a waste of time.

I'd suggest simply getting a title from one of the title companies that generate them from states that are less anal than PA. Broadway Title is one name I recall. Costs about $100-$150 if memory serves. Friend of mine did that with an old motorcycle he wound up with, was fairly painless.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning