not cool

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

65f100_Thug
United States of America

not cool

Post by 65f100_Thug »

Drove my truck to work after taking the chrome strip off and doing some odd and end things like putting on my replacement door on the passenger side, and inside door chrome trim and panels. Spent quite a while last night looking at the thing literally petting it and talking to it like Robert Duvall in days of thunder. Got here at 7:55 AM and at 12:30 pm noticed two new dings in the fender I've spent lots of time sanding and priming to near perfection. YES Chris( Ezer and Willet) I'm thinking "should I bother painting it"?
HAVE YOU DISASSEMBLED A FORD LATELY?

10136 98349929981298119816
therealjoeshmoe

Re: not cool

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

i would find out who did it and put some new dings in their head!

i was at work one day out in my truck on lunch break just relaxing and a f'n pizza hut driver pulls up next to me and swings open his door and wham! hit the side of my tundra while i was in it! i jumped out ready to beat the dog out of him and he jumped in his car locked the door and left. i went down to the pizza hut on towson ave. fort smith arkansas if anyone wants to know, and talked to the manager and she said who did it and i pointed to the guy, he said he didnt do it. ive just been waiting im gonna catch that sumbytch out and im gonna put a permanant foot print in his door! basterd...
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
rickairmedic

Post by rickairmedic »

Thug that sucks man next time park it in the center of 2 spots and carry orange cones to block off the rest of the 2 spots your using :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

just wait until you paint it. better not carry any kind of firearm. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
GJ1963

Post by GJ1963 »

Bummer.... Hope its not bad to fix. Once I pushed though finishing paiting a door on a car to take to a car show the next day. At the car show the door got a giant door ding and a four inch scratch.
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I was picking up my future wife at the LA airport and lay down on the seat of my '74 high boy to rest a while when the guy next to me opened his door so hard it shook the truck. He went white when I sat up and galred at him. As he was walking off I repeatedly opened my door into the side of his car. Not rational, but I sure felt better.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Door popping is one of my nerves. Watched a woman get out of her car while I was walking up to it. Her door swng into the side of mine very loudly. She didn't even have a clue or care. As she left, I made sure I left a large calling card on hers. Bet her old man let her know about it. I bought a new 76 Oldsmobile in 76, and went with my wife to the mall. I parked on the side of the mall where most people do not park, and and way out in the parking lot. There wer at least 100 empty spaces between me and the mall. Came back out , and you guessed it, some jackass had parked right next to me and door popped my new car. Hadn't had it for two hours and already got it. Not another car had parked on that side except the one jerk. Had they been anywhere around, I would have gone to jail. It was a small scar so I only left them a note, that I had their liscence number and that I could at anytime come looking for them. I of course did not sign the note. I also did nothing to their car.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
donald luster

Post by donald luster »

I loan my truck to a friend while I was working on their vehicle. Truck was parked way out in the neutral zone at walmart and some fool backed at big truck into the back bumper and hit it soooooo hard that it nocked the bed into the back of the cab on both sides. God was I mad
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

This Spring right after a big snow I had my Ranger parked on the side of a street with the 4 ways on. Inside of a office building. Guy nailed my on the left corner. He comes inside and asks who owns the Ranger. Had to replace the box & bumper along with pull the frame straight.
Tom Williams
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

All good reasons for me to not repaint what I have.

I always somehow end up next to one of these same kinda people.

If you think about how many cars there are out there and most just get a person from A to B. EVEN if they have something brand new they don't treat it or yours with any respect. Afterall it's JUST a $20,000-$30,000+++ car!, I'll be getting a new one when this goes outta fashion! :cussing:
macgiobuin

Post by macgiobuin »

Just got my beast re-painted because some genius decided to BACK UP THE ENTIRE BLOCK----his driving skills were less spectacular than his judgement and he side swiped my driver's side door. Wasn't very deep, but was substantial.This brilliant individual left the scene, but showed up at his girlfriend's house up the street the next day----needless to say, I got his name, vehicle tag, address, etc. My insurance company and his are wonderful friends now.
My Baby: 1966 F100
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

Thing is, we have a small gravel parking lot at work and during shift change it wont fit everyone till the off going shift leaves. however It wasn't a door ding because their front end would have had to be in the ditch for a door to reach my front fender . If I hadn't been looking at it closely the night before I wouldn't have even noticed them but it looks like someone took the sharp point of a body hammer ( I call the ping dent end) and just pinged it.
We all carry a day pack with extra uniform and such In case we get a bad wreck or end up chest deep in a creek extracting patients. It could have been somebody's bag with metal clasp on it that got fling-ed over there, but that's a stretch considering how thick the metal is in that 65.

sgettin

Post by sgettin »

if you see it happen call law enforcement. if i'm not mistaken a door ding is damage to your vehicle and the person who dented your vehicle will be legally held responsible (i believe in a parking lot the law reads it is who hits who in regards to guilt). if your interested in payback just breaking out the tools is expensive so it will cost them.
maybe i am off base but looks like calling the cops is a good alternative.
macgiobuin

Post by macgiobuin »

I would agree with the above post. Insurance companies wil haggle it out. If the offender is uninsured, YOUR insurance company will pay for the damages (minus the deductible) and then get their money from the genius.
My Baby: 1966 F100
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Most parking lot damage can be repaired for less than or moderately more than the standard deductible. Filing a claim of any size always throws a flag with an insurer. IMO, even with "accident foregiveness", the prudent approach is to take your lumps and fix it if the offender can't be made to bear the burden.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
65f100_Thug
United States of America

Post by 65f100_Thug »

I still need to do some work on it anyway ,its just ironic that something I'm obviously trying to make as slick as possible gets dinged.