My 429 swap pics

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Phil

My 429 swap pics

Post by Phil »

PO did this. Its kinda nuts, no crossmember. Itll probably make pulling the pan nice and easy. :roll:

Guy was handy with a torch

Someday I'll get another slick :(
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: WOW! Must be like the engine is doing the splits,and twisting the rails but it looks like its not recent.

Alan
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

I wonder why he cut the crossmember up front, I fit mine in without removing or cutting front or rear crossmembers, matter of fact, if I moved engine closer to front it would have interfered with brake lines
Phil

Post by Phil »

shawns fords wrote:I wonder why he cut the crossmember up front, I fit mine in without removing or cutting front or rear crossmembers, matter of fact, if I moved engine closer to front it would have interfered with brake lines

You have a double crank pulley (probably all are)?
The front pulley seems to be the issue.

Who knows, maybe the driveshaft length dictated the engine location :roll:

Honestly though, it seems OK. Motor runs good. The brake line/hose junctions are inside the wedge shaped "mounts"

I suspect lowering this truck can only improve the pinion angle
Someday I'll get another slick :(
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

We cut the crossmember on some of our circle track cars. The engine served as the crossmember. Reason? Like you said, ease of pan removal. Never gave us a problem.
Jim