long time

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

quietwyatt

long time

Post by quietwyatt »

While preparing to get antique tags for my slick, I realized how long I have owned it. I have had it for 33 years. WOW!!!!! I'm sure others on here have had theirs longer. But how time flies. Whew, I can't believe it :lol:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
shaff64

Re: long time

Post by shaff64 »

I have only owned mine for 2 years. But it feels like 50 years plus........LOL
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

So, let's see, that means you got your Slick when you were 8 years old. Is that correct Wyatt?
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

The one I have now is only "4" years old. Its older brother was 29 years old when he moved out... :D
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Dads 66 has been IN THE FAMILY for what? 44 years I think? holey cow..
stronger66ratfink

Post by stronger66ratfink »

Good thing I don't rotate wives like I do vehicles!

the 73 challenger was all mine for 28 years!
how many can say you stood at the dealer until a next load of cars pulled in and
said I'll take that one on top!
boy that sure pissed the dealer off!

Miss Daisy was the next longest at 10?

so let see how long the 61 stays,
How old can you be to legally Drive :burp:

Miss Daisy 1966 F100 short bed custom cab 2004-2014
78' F250 XLT Ranger
13' CVO Road King
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Sinc,
Boy don't I wish. But I do remember when my neighbor had new Slicks. I think he got one every year. Even then I thought they were cool. If only I knew then what I know now. :roll:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Until recently, I never managed to hold on to any of my myriad vehicles very long. First reason; the vehicles I bought and put together were pretty well worn when I got them, with a few exceptions.
Second reason; I resemble Ratfink Mike's opening sentence :roll:
I've had one of my SVO's and one Bronco for nigh on twenty years now, and that's about my record. That will probably increase; I can't afford any additions, and really haven't identified any additional "must-haves" (unless I hit the lottery!). I like every vehicle I currently own, and probably will hold on to the majority of them, economics allowing. I've been lucky to have a bunch of nice "enthusiast" vehicles and projects over the years, and I've enjoyed the vast majority. Sometimes I think I should shed a few projects to people who would complete and enjoy them; I'm afraid I would regret it just as I have in the past.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I just realized I've owned my 1973 Kawasaki G5 for 40 years. That seems impossible. Probably haven't ridden it for at least the last 20 or so. Crazy.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Limestone66
United States of America

Post by Limestone66 »

Since officially retireing my old and beloved Knucklehead in '06', it hasnt been tagged since. Bought in March of 1985, i've owned it for 28 yrs. :cry:
Long live the 352

........Ron..........

1966 Ford F250 Custom Cab {Longbox}
1996 Toyota Camry {Wifes ride}
1940 Harley Davidson knucklehead {Retired in 2006, gave to one of my sons in 2010}
1975 Harley Davidson XLH {Groundpounder}
2005 Harley Davidson Deluxe {Nostalgia} Almost home 'girl'

In memory of Donald G. Roswell- My freind and 'brother'.
grump

Post by grump »

I've had my 73 mustang since december 72 and my 67 triumph bonneville since 72. I've only had my 76 harley for 21 years and my 66 flareside for about 10 years. My wife says I never get rid of anything, she might be right.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

stronger66ratfink wrote: how many can say you stood at the dealer until a next load of cars pulled in and
said I'll take that one on top!
boy that sure pissed the dealer off!
In 2007 I did. I was doing underway boat missions at dark on 31January, and was driving home from the boat dock and had to drive by the Ford dealer in Coos Bay. 2 weeks before I went in, test drove a Sport Trac and told them what I wanted. They didnt have it so I said SEE YA! and left. The night of 31 Jan I saw it being unloaded from the car carrier. I had the morning off so I went down and told them it was mine!. walked out 1 hour later, talked them 6K off the MSRP, made them give me the 1K in bonus for being military in cash and wouldnt accept any less then 12K in my 2001 F150. man i loved that 07 Sport trac. orange frost color, tan leather, fully loaded. sweet vehicle.

By the way, you have some nice slicks there!
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Limestone66
United States of America

Post by Limestone66 »

grump wrote:I've had my 73 mustang since december 72 and my 67 triumph bonneville since 72. I've only had my 76 harley for 21 years and my 66 flareside for about 10 years. My wife says I never get rid of anything, she might be right.
Only 21 years? Superglide right?. My wife calls me a packrat, because of my inability to discard junk motorcycle parts. She once decided to spruce up my shop {i have no earthly idea why}, and when i rolled in from work i saw where she had threw a host of old aftermarket Harley parts into the burn pile. Handle bars, drag pipes, you name it. I jacked her s**t right there on the spot. I thought she was gonna leave me over that.
Long live the 352

........Ron..........

1966 Ford F250 Custom Cab {Longbox}
1996 Toyota Camry {Wifes ride}
1940 Harley Davidson knucklehead {Retired in 2006, gave to one of my sons in 2010}
1975 Harley Davidson XLH {Groundpounder}
2005 Harley Davidson Deluxe {Nostalgia} Almost home 'girl'

In memory of Donald G. Roswell- My freind and 'brother'.