spring expansion

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

quietwyatt

spring expansion

Post by quietwyatt »

As usual I noticed the steering wheel has expanded over the winter months. I climbed into the truck to take her for a spin and quickly noticed how big the steering wheel has expanded over the winter. What should a person do about this problem?
I was wondering if we were to wrap the wheel in plastic over the winter months if it would help. Apparently it makes no difference if the truck is in the garage or out. Both of my trucks have the same problem. One garage kept and the other sets outside. I tried wrapping both wheels with newspaper last winter with no avail.
I am sooooo confused :(
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: spring expansion

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

during the winter months, if the nut holding the steering wheel is regularly attached to the handle of a wood splitting maul the condition will in time reverse itself

ss_pokes2.gif

:popcorn:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Blackwaterforge

Post by Blackwaterforge »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:during the winter months, if the nut holding the steering wheel is regularly attached to the handle of a wood splitting maul the condition will in time reverse itself
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
If it cain't be fixed with a sledge hammer it must be an electrical problem!
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

You can drop down to an aftermarket 13" wheel this summer. If the problem persists, there is always the 12", 11", 10"....all the way down to the tiny chain link wheel. The upside of this approach is as your wheel size is reduced, your shoulders will get stronger and bigger. Thus, your "steering wheel interference area" will appear smaller!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!