Back to the Fifties Minnesota in June 2013

Car shows, swap meets, member get-togethers - post your upcoming events here.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Back to the Fifties Minnesota in June 2013

Post by Kid »

come on guys and gals, who will be there. I know my Wife and I will be there, Jerry D and his Wife Natalie, Mark Scott and Carson, my brother Don is a possibility. Who else. It is an awsome event, once you go you will never miss another. It is almost as great as SS. It starts Fri June 21st and ends Sun June 23rd. There is usually 11,000 to 12,000 entrants. We arrive on Fri and get registered and hang out for the afternoon and head back to our hotel for our customary supper at the sports bar across the street from the hotel and then hit it early ( 5 am ) on Sat to be able to park when we want. We hang out all Day and just wander looking at cars and trucks, we grill out for lunch and and sometimes supper or we pick a place for supper and then head back to the hotel to hang out again. The swap meet is on Sunday and if you cant find it there you don't need it. This Year they are having a burn out contest on Sunday afternoon,

You will not regret attending , if you have never been you will not believe what you will see there over the weekend. Let me know if you want to go and I will send you the hotel info for where we stay...........Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
LM14
United States of America

Re: Back to the Fifties Minnesota in June 2013

Post by LM14 »

I was in Minnesota a couple weeks ago and bought a top loader from a guy that turned out to be an inspector for the MSRA. He said you had to be pre '64 to get on the grounds (vehicle, not driver). I was planning to go but my '66 wouldn't be allowed on the grounds according to him.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

Well now... It's supposed to be the rule, but I do know someone who's gotten around it. :wink: That person suggested last year that I consider doing the same myself, but with a license plate like 60 SIXX, I didn't figure I'd be able to get away with it. Even if you don't feel like you could or want to skirt the rules, I suggest you make the trip. Well worth it. 15,000 or so cars at the show is mind boggling. You can't drive anywhere in Minneapolis without seeing old cars on the road, at restaurants or hotels. Friggin awesome. Hope you and the wife consider it, and make the trip.

Jerry D
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

you mean the prototype 64 with twin I bean and a 65 grill. I began going up there with my 64 and when it got tore down I went the other route
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I could probably stick the '62 uni's grill in the '66 for the week!

SPark
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was

Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

sounds like a plan Steve, If you guys want to go let me know and I will get you the hotel info
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

going to have an extra room this Year. We reserved 3 an will end up nt needing 1 so if anyone wants to go let me know. I will cancel it soon if not needed.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

well it looks like I will not be taking my truck to Back to the 50's this Year, I may be taking a new toy
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

come on guys and gals. If you have never been to this event you do not know what you are missing. It is a great time. Over 11,000 entrants every year and it is a blast
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

I'll second what Kid is saying. If you've never been, you should go. What it's not, is 11,000 cars out in a field or parking lot. What it is, is a park like setting, with tree lined streets. The fair grounds are set up to look like an old 50's or 60's town, with parkways and sidewalks. The food there is amazing too. I've been to a lot of shows, but none like this one.

Jerry D
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

http://www.msra.com/

come on I cant believe no one else is going to attend.
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Would love to go but it's my oldest daughter's wedding that weekend. I should probably go to the wedding. I can't believe she was mean enough to get married on the weekend of a great event!

SPark

Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

we will be up there late Thursday nite and will be at the event Fri, Sat, and Sun
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

This weekend, Leaving late this afternoon to head that way. Will be there most of the day Fri and all day Sat and some on Sun
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

you guys missed a great time, We had a very interesting weekend to say the least, it did not go completely as planned but we hung out with good friends and made the best of it. It was a memorable time again at BTT50's
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Official count was 12,033 entrants this Year. It was an awesome time. Seen alot of Slicks, probably 20 of them.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Pictures? Especially of the slicks? You know it didn't really happen if you can't provide pics :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

If it didn't happen, then I had one hell of an awesome dream this last weekend. I dreamt I rode in a cool old t-bird, went to a cool car show, and hung out with some friends. I did have a small nightmare, but I think a couple others in my dream did too. Nasty storm rolled through Friday night that'll give us something to talk about and remember for a long time. I don't have a photobucket account, but I'll try to at least send Kid some pictures to post.

Jerry