AUGUST 11TH GET TOGETHER FOR MACSTERS

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Wow! :shock: Can't say '57s are my favorite, but because it was a one year thing, there is a definate attraction.... :thumright:
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

It sure is ....and we had a member show up with his "other" car. A 66 Galaxie 7-litre, 2 fours, 4-speed convertible.
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

OK the updated pics.thats all I have

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/ ... yatt%2007/
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Great to see you had a good time all....

Miss the heck out of the gatherings. :cry:

Garbz
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

:cry:

Sorry I missed the BBQ! I cannot believe its already the middle of August. I got Toms truck out of the shop and to the interior guy and started up the 66 tonight for the first time all summer. Preoccupied is the word of the day. I had to reintroduce myself to my slicks! I feel like I will have time to spend on my stuff soon. Anyone want to talk about a 51 F2 project for sale?

:popcorn:
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Gene

That 57 is Carls and he probally will bring it to SS08.

It had big block power and he aint skeered to use it :shock:

Garbz
beagle

Post by beagle »

sorry to miss the festivities, I was at the New Hope Auto show to try and sell some of my automotive art at, and a gallery show opening that night (that show even featured a painting of a 49 Ford F-3); no Slicks in attendance at the New Hope show, just lots of really high end cars with the snobby owners, but also more than a few good old American iron examples ( like a great looking 57 Lincoln 2 door) owned by guys who did the work themselves. Thanks for windshield, Larry, Sinc dropped it off (carefully) at my place last night, I already have the rubber gasket ordered from DC. Hope to make the next MAC event!
Beagle
61 unibody
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

Hey guys,

Sorry for posting so late (my home PC is on the fritz). Many thanks to Chuck, Jackie, and Chad for hosting another GREAT MAC get-together! Also, thanks to everyone who attended! It was GREAT to see everyone. It's good to know that the MAC is alive and well and living in Chuck's backyard.

I managed to grab a ride in Carl's rocketship (er, ah, I mean '57) and in Larry's '66 Galaxy (er, ah, I mean Luxury Liner). Thanks guys, the rides were fantastic!

The cruise to the Motor Menders Car Show was a hoot also. They remembered us from last year (SS-06 invasion), and they wondered where the rest of you guys were. Finally, the cruise to Jim Mack's Ice Cream Stand and lining the trucks up in the back field was terrific and it brought back fond memories of last summer when we lined up 30+ Slicks there for SS-06.

I had a great time, I can't wait for the next one...

...Sinc