Good news,,

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jeffw

Good news,,

Post by jeffw »

hey boys, forgive me for braggin, but I did some heavy reserch into my slick, the ol man my mother bought this slick from in 1997,,for $800.00 (mind you he was a 92 year old dude, my father knew him well) was the original owner to my slick!! that may not mean much,, but to me it is the best grad present (1999) a ford lovin sum-a-super-sockin-broke through a jimmy-lucky peice-o-DNA-kinda fella could ask for!! loved fords since i could remember, hell even got into a nasty argument over the make with my dime-o-dozen cheby-lovin-no-taste-buddy,, I swear he was a finatic for these bow tie contraptions, OK enough with the useless cheby hate,, all-n-all I'm just proud, and lucky that i'm the second owner to this beutiful machine,, I'm sure I'm not the only one,,,,,, right??? Hope fully I fullfill the request of my son to make it bounce,, some day,,,(hydraulics)
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

That is pretty cool to find that out. I wish I could trace the history of mine.

But folks, I think we just found the guy who's gonna write the official SlickStock 08 rap song! :clap:
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

LOL

think I'll be at the beer store when he sings it.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
mrcando_66F100

Post by mrcando_66F100 »

That's cool.... I traced the history of mine the other day. I wanted to find out what happened to the ac unit that was in it and I had a few other questions. The first owner is in his 90's and he had her about 15 years and racked up 100,000mi. He sold sold her to his neighbor who owned her for about 25 years (she was passed around the family). He sold he sold her at 152,000 mi's. She is now at 159,000 mi's. He informed me of the repairs he made on her through the years. It was cool to get that information. I sent some pics so that they could see some of the changes I made. I will be showing her off to them when I finish her. (also - her name was oldie so I guess I'm not going to rename her and cause her to have an identity problem. She was named after her first owner. :dancing: :dancing:

PS..The owners only live about 20 mi from me.....my truck has been an Okie all her life. except the fact that she was born in KC, kS
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I bought my '65 from the original owner last year. It was kinda cool talking to him about it, except he's sorta up there in years & he had a hard time sticking to the subject. :roll: :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Slick Fan wrote:I bought my '65 from the original owner last year. It was kinda cool talking to him about it, except he's sorta up there in years & he had a hard time sticking to the subject. :roll: :lol:

told ya all about the Kaiser and the huns did he?
Someday I'll get another slick :(
61ford

Post by 61ford »

my 61 was originally bought by a school teacher up in indiana then in 72 my grandfather bought it he kept it til i believe 03 and ive had it ever since
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

My truck is local. Lived within 10-15 miles of the dealership it was sold at all it's life, I am the 3rd owner. All the original info of the owner and dealership are in the owner's manual. I have been waiting 4 years to look the guy up and show him. Looks like it might be 5.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..