almost 1,000 miles last weekend

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

almost 1,000 miles last weekend

Post by Kid »

Put almost 1,000 miles on my 65 last weekend going to my brothers place and then up to Jefferson Wisc swap meet and show.Truck ran like a jewel, only had one minor hickup and only took about 30 seconds to diagnose and repair and back to running. New seat made the ride much better, out of a early 90's truck. Still need to redo the weather stripping as the wind noise is pretty bad, didn't do a very good job when I installed it after painting. This weekend will be 300 miles or so as we are going to a cruise and show up by Ft Dodge Iowa. Then it is getting them ready to put away for the winter, hate to do it but no snow driving in them for me.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Re: almost 1,000 miles last weekend

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

That's pretty impressive. Way to rack up the miles on your slick. It's too bad we have to park them for winter. At least if gives us a chance to work on them and catch up. I'm still driving up here too but I don't think I have much time left. Probably 2 weeks at best
Mark

bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

1000 miles is very impressive. How much did you spend for fuel?
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

not sure on fuel costs, I did not even look at the receipts, just bought fuel.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision