California License Plates

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

California License Plates

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

while I was dropping off a truck in San Diego couple of weeks ago, the customer had a 65/66 Mustang that looked good and made a comment on the Black/Gold Plates when he told me what Calif. DMV Is now doing,,, It seems now that if you find a set of these plates DMV Will re-issue these plate to your vehicle even IF IT"S Not a Calif. vehicle for 60.00,, NOW THAT Might sound cool It's not,,, What I have seen in past month this has opened the door to con-people to claim Calif vehicles when they might come from the rust bucket states and then are rusted to heck so beware now looking at vehicles with the Black/Gold plates cause it might be a scam on you thinking on something that is not real,,, Also I have noticed a high rise on E-Bay on the Black/Gold plates as high as 350.00 a set and even see the stickers for the plates as well,

So Bottom line Do Your Home Work before buying the Black/Gold Plate or the Blue/Yellow Plate vehicles especially on E-Bay/Craigs List
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Toyz
United States of America

Re: California License Plates

Post by Toyz »

Thanks, Tom!
We have arrived at the point at which anything any government body does for vehicle enthusiasts usually is an attempt for someone to make money off the change..
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
65TremecGT
United States of America

Re: California License Plates

Post by 65TremecGT »

Ca is actually making new black and yellow as well as blue and yellow plates to purchase for year of manufactur classic vehicles as well as making it possible to re issue orignal plates to classic cars. Not sure you can do it out of state. You have to pay a one time fee as well as a yearly similar to a vanity plate fee. The "new" ones will be easy to spot as the yellow will be reflectorized unlike the originals. I do not know how to tell the originals apart without seeing the registration bill that would indicate that vanity plate charge.
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap