Big Betty leaves the nest

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

quietwyatt

Big Betty leaves the nest

Post by quietwyatt »

cry.gif Thinning the herd. I have made a decision that was pretty much difficult to do. I have decided to let Big Betty go. I have put a lot of work into her and now it's time to let her move on. She will be going to a good home.
My friend from where I retired offered to take her off my hands. He has a beautiful 77 F-150 4x4 that has been in many magazines. It is called Bushwacker. Maybe some of you may have seen it.
He said he was looking for another project. He said he is planning to have her done by a professional auto body man. That made me feel good knowing she was going to be taken care of. I told him I can't wait to see her done. He said he wants to have her done in a tu-tone scheme. He's not going with stock colors.
So I hope she will be appearing in the magazines someday just like his other truck. I hope he keeps her name. I will be keeping you posted on her progress. He doesn't have access to a computer. He is aware of the club. Some of the MAC guys do know him and have seen his other truck. He had it at a couple of our get togethers. I made him an honorary member of the MAC.

At least I still have my Betty to play with :)
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: Big Betty leaves the nest

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I've seen the Bushwacker truck in a couple magazines, its one bada$$ truck! I'm sure when he's done with it your Big Betty will have one upped his Bushwacker :mrgreen:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

So, what do you have left?
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

DV65CustomCab wrote:So, what do you have left?
Why........we all know he still has his 'Betty'! :wink:

BarnieTrk :P
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Oh Yeh, I still have my Sweet Betty. My son has his short bed big window conversion and that's it.
Those 2 will always have a home here.
Long beds rule :rocker: right Dwight?
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

What about .....
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Betty will love the extra attention...

I also sold my Sylvia.. I just wasn't driving her and my family grew from Ethan and I to 5 of us..

I still have uni I got from Beagle.. I am not sure what the future holds for that one.. Currently just tinkering on my ford tractors...
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Sorry to hear about Silvia Jason. Sometimes you have to take a few steps back. You must be one horney dog to increase family size that fast :shock: Damn young guns :mrgreen:

I like that video Lance. Makes me wanna buy a short bed, Lower it , Spray it flat black, Stick some disc caps on it, Throw some dice around the mirror, Stick some peep mirrors on the door, Chop the top 3"s, louver the hood, Narrow the rear w/ big stickies on the back, Cram a 460 down in its dog box with a blower sticking out the hood and put a Black Betty vanity plate on the front bumper and show it with that song playing in the back ground. :rocker:
Damn I wish I hadn't retired. No funds :cry:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Ok Guys, She's gone cry.gif . I delivered her to the new owner Friday afternoon. That was a long and somber drive. After some conversation, came the time to leave and let her there. While getting back in the wifes car to leave I took my last look at the poor ole gal. She was probably saying, "What did I do wrong daddy?" But deep down inside I knew it was best for her. She will grow to love her new owner and appreciate him for making her like new again. He has already talked to his body guy about refreshing her look. He is planning to have her done and ready for the Ford Nationals in 2015. He wants to show her for her 50th year of life. If I can get photos, I will post them as she progresses.

I've still got Betty to hang out with:).
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

I can relate, Wyatt. You have my condolences.

I'll be faced with a similar situation soon; since I bought my '65 F250, I have repeatedly tried to convince myself (for two+ yrs!) that I should hang a 4sale sign in the window of my '65 F100 fleetside/shortbox.

I've owned my '65 F100 since '81.
I was driving him before my 30-yr old son was born!
LOTS of stories, lots of bloody knuckles, etc.
I am sure it won't be a fun day......... :cry: :cry:

BarnieTrk
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

I'm baffled. Easily done when you have two trucks named about the same. Which truck did you sell?
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

What a difficult decision :( I hope I never have to make the same choice, but in time we might have to. We have a '57 T-Bird, which my Dad bought new and helped design and Big Red, our '61 F250 Uni that my Grandpa bought new too. I'm just hoping my daughter will marry someone who appreciates them.
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Dwight, I got rid of Big Betty. The 4x4 I got 3-4 years ago. I had no need for her anymore. The funds aren't there anymore since retirement. So I'll just have to hang on to Betty. The truck I've had for 30+ years. You know which one she is. Her bed is longer than yours is :lol:

It is not easy giving up something that you become so attached to. If it were to be something that my dad or grandfather had, Well then I'de have to sell my 1st born. :shock: He's a good kid but I guess he would have to go. Yes, I would miss him.
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)