Bed Patch

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Husker

Bed Patch

Post by Husker »

My 64 Slick spent its life in Souther Cal and isn almost rust free. The only rust I have to fix is at the front of the box where water sat for some time. I see LMC has a box section but I would like to replace the entire box floor, any ideas where I can find the parts?
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Re: Bed Patch

Post by Hunter's 64 »

No complete floors for our trucks, have to do it in pieces, or find a donor truck , then you might as well just swap the whole bed. :2cents:

Danny
Husker

Post by Husker »

Has anyone used the LMC bed patch?
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I have not used the LMC bed patch. You can get bed floors for later model trucks that will fit. Not sure if all the brackets are the same. I repaired mine by using a portion of another bed floor. Usually if the floor is rusted the fron brace is rusted as well. The second brace on a long bed is the same as the front brace with the exception of the bolt hole re-enforcement. I cut a section with the second brace added the re-enforcements and welded it in.
Husker

Post by Husker »

I may order the panel and see how it looks.
624WD

Post by 624WD »

Did the LMC bed floor patch panel (16" x 48"), match the 57-61 Styleside bed floor contours? Need to do some patching, and wondeing if this will fit my 62 project.

Thanks in Advance.

Tom