Whats a reasonable selling price on a Big Back window clip?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

luckystiff
United States of America

Whats a reasonable selling price on a Big Back window clip?

Post by luckystiff »

a possible more solid body may have turned up in the area and i'm trying to figure if it's worth the trouble of getting it and dropping it on the frame i've already done the jag swap on. probably the most wanted part of the current 62 is the big back window clip.

i don't care enough about BBW that i would clip the new body so i'd sell this clip to try and recoop some of the money spent. so whats a reasonable asking price for a clip with good glass and nice trim. there is a little rust repair to be done at the outside edge under the trim. clip could be cut wherever the buyer wanted. glass is currently out of the truck.

looking at this after adding up all the donor metal for the current truck. the price on donor metal for the cab is more than the asking price on the other truck. just gotta see how much more solid it is....

anyhow anyone sold a clip lately or looking for one and got a reasonable price suggestion?...ken....
foodstick

Re: Whats a reasonable selling price on a Big Back window cl

Post by foodstick »

I am honestly not sure what the value is ? There for awhile lots of guys were thinking of putting the big back windows in the regular cabs...

It has to be a good feeling finishing that project up...
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I got a quote of $600 with the rust free steel, all good trim, good glass and a new gasket for the glass. That was about a year ago. I'm still looking, where are you located? I think that would have a lot to do with what somebody, including myself, are willing to pay. Hard to ship without hurting that glass and trim. Shipping cost about what the pieces cost on my quote.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

I would be interested depending on where you are located.
Hi I'm Justin.
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

i'm in hickory,nc. pretty much between charlotte and asheville. it'd be much easier and probably cheaper finding a person that does car hauling with bedspace in the truck. i've shipped rare glass. shipped out a rear window for a 63 vw notchback a coupla years ago since there was no frame work to support it we had to build a crate. those windows usually sell for $500+ i ended up selling this one for $500 shipped and that was close to $200 with the crate building.

i'm kinda just looking at it as if i can grab the more solid body it'd A) save me patch panel money but B) it'd probably save me a bunch of time. do i think a big window is cool? sure i do. would i think getting a truck on the road months faster is cooler? you bet ya.

i kinda figured as it is it'd likely be a $300-500ish sale depending on how quick i want to move it.

still waiting to see how this other truck looks. and i met a friend of a friend at dinner tonight that says his grandad has 6 uni's sitting in a field about 15 miles from here and he's gonna be over there tomorrow and is gonna check on their condition. so unless several avenues fail i may have a BBW clip for sale soon....
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

Well let me know what you decide. I would just pick it up and not bother with shipping.
Hi I'm Justin.