Pate Swap meet

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

betfm
United States of America

Re: Pate Swap meet

Post by betfm »

PFM-64f100 wrote:Ed See this post (below) it has our location, Graybeard is not far from us. Hopefully he will be able to come for a visit I know we will be stopping by. Along with a stop by mecurules (I'm sure I didn't spell it right) place. :) also I have a BBQ/BS session on Friday night at my house. Yes I will be having it this year, I wasn't able to last year and I miss it.

http://slick60s.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... hilit=Pate
Chris, Thanks for the map location as I will need it. I have made a copy of it to carry with me.

Now if I can just get there. It's a long journey, but I have wanted to attend it for some time.

BBQ and BS is up my alley, especially BS. :)
"I just need a bigger hammer"

Ed

1961 F250 Unibody long bed ,(Under construction)
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

betfm wrote:
PFM-64f100 wrote:Ed See this post (below) it has our location, Graybeard is not far from us. Hopefully he will be able to come for a visit I know we will be stopping by. Along with a stop by mecurules (I'm sure I didn't spell it right) place. :) also I have a BBQ/BS session on Friday night at my house. Yes I will be having it this year, I wasn't able to last year and I miss it.

http://slick60s.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t ... hilit=Pate
Chris, Thanks for the map location as I will need it. I have made a copy of it to carry with me.

Now if I can just get there. It's a long journey, but I have wanted to attend it for some time.

BBQ and BS is up my alley, especially BS. :)
You certainly won't go home starved, then, in either category!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Skip,
Boy, we had a nice post ready to send this morning, I shrunk it down, you know like it was on hold and It floated off into cyber neverland. Anyway I just realized Pate will be on us before you realize it. This time last year I had just dropped my 352 block and a 390 crank off at a machine shop. Reassembly was completed the day before I was to head out on the 185 mile trip to Ft Worth. The next morning I made a test run around the section line, filled Shoestring up and headed out about 10:00 AM. The round trip was pretty uneventful other than frying the coil and multiple gas stops. When I got in Saturday night I averaged my milage out, got 9.3 MPGs. Should have aired the tires up I guess, they must have been really low on pressure. Going to change the Edelbrock 500 CFM carb for a fresh rebuilt shoebox Autolite, see if I can't get 10 MPG at least, that and I'm staying off the interstate until I break out on the West side of Denton.
Just a note about my headliners, at the moment I'm down to one kit. Paul has spoke for that unit. Doubt that I pull anymore, for sure won't with out orders. With just 39 days untill the meet if someone wants to save freight they need to get in touch with me soon!

Graybeard.
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Put the tow truck together; just happen to know of a good first test for it!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Toyz wrote:Put the tow truck together; just happen to know of a good first test for it!
Paul
Putting the tow truck on the road probably won't happen till I build a couple of auxilary tanks for it. Those 5:40 gears have me gun shy of that truck. I've still not driven it as far as I towed it getting it to the house. No telling how old the bias belted tires are, but they are not round. All seriousness aside I've found a good deal on 8 lug wheels I'll tell you about them at Pate.
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!
BlueGhost

Post by BlueGhost »

The countdown is on, April starts next week, looking forward to seeing everyone again. I've got my room booked and spots reserved. I was hoping to drive my 65 again this year, but its got a few nagging issues that I don't think I'll have sorted in time.
SBC is a defunct phone company, not an engine option.