Bumpside on a CrownVic frame

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Phil

Bumpside on a CrownVic frame

Post by Phil »

Hi gents, It's ben about a year since I last posted but I think of this board fondly and often.
Still no new slick and I sold my 460CID 1970 Fairlane. Still have my 302 68 Fairlane vert and I DD a P71

With the P71in mind my buddy posted this on my FB wall and I wanted to share. I am guessing it's not on here because it was at a local show last week and my buddy took the pics. I'll post what my friend Mike learned from the owner below…

VERY Cool truck. It's not just the popular crown Vic front chassis swap, it is a COMPLETE Crown Vic chassis underneath this! Frame is not sectioned, they are the same wheelbase. Dash fits like it was made for it.
Someday I'll get another slick :(
grump

Re: Bumpside on a CrownVic frame

Post by grump »

Hey Phil it's good to see you posting on here again.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

That rear suspension looks familiar !
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yeah!, good to see back on Phil, hope all is well!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hey guys. Hope you are all in good health and drama free

Took a new job and I am going for my masters. Wife is still cancer free and my kid is 12 and doing well in school. I'd say I am blessed but broke. Time to upgrade the job soon. Hopefully find a new place in a rust free zone where I can make some project car money and pay off my student loan of $20k

When I sold my slick it wasn't because of reliability issues or practicality, it was because the steering and handling were so terrible.
I didn't really want to do the Vic cradle at the time (I would now though). After seeing this truck above and owning a P71 I am reconsidering cutting up an a truck to make it handle and feel safe. Imagine a truck like this you could autocross and have an airbag steering wheel for safety. All the featured of a Vic with the practicality and aesthetic of the truck. I'd probably gut the dash and find a way NOT to use the Vic plastic dash surround. VIc dashes are hideous. I'd say this is a daydream project but maybe a fun one to consider.

Here's my 04 Vic from SC. 150k miles
All new front suspension, 07 GT premium wheels, Nitto 555s, I added a Continental console and floor shifter and deleted the column shifter.
It needs more work but I gotta finish school 1st.

Someday I'll get another slick :(