The new bed box

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

The new bed box

Post by Uncle Skip »

Special thanks to BroncoTom, Mr. Dale and Toyz for helping me mount the new box on the frame today. Some issues but nothing that can't be worked out. Just more minor "shit" to use up time.
Anyway, I couldn't wait to put the fender welting on the fender so we test mounted it to get a general idea how the finished project is going to look.
Looks like it has a bad boy rake, old school style.
All in all, I'm a very happy camper with everything including the exhaust tips exit placement.
Thanks again guys. I appreciate your help.

Daryl, the only reason I didn't call you is you have so much further to drive than the rest of us. You'll get your chance. 8)

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: The new bed box

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Looking great Uncle, will she be at SS6 ? 8)
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Loving the wheel and tyre combo!
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Looking purdy Skip!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Skip,
I like your truck, your right "stance or rake" is so very important. A lot of folks won't run smaller front tires on a vehicle. I have a '32 pickup that gets most of it's stance from tires. Street rodders have long refered to it as "the rubber rake" for years. After having alot of tire trouble on my '66 SW getting to Pate there wasn't a big choice of tires sizes close to the swap meet. Ended up having to drive home with Yokahamas on the back (the horror of it) and Wal Mart imported tires on the front, not a happy camper. A few mornings later sitting outside drinking morning coffee, looking at SHOESTRING, still hooked to the Airstream it came to me, my rubber rake was gone. The Yokahamas were traded back in at Discounttires.Com two days later (A $70.00 HICKEY). Goodrich Radial TAs on the back now. I'll have smaller BFGs on the front as well by fall. I guess the two Wal Mart tires will be ok as spares.

GB
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Thanks Erl. I appreciate the kind words. Yeah, I love that little "bad boy rake". Pate was fun but you didn't have much luck on the trip, did you. And, it was very educational to see your buddy's Mercury "Mountie" F-100 (aka Ranger, Canadian version). First one I ever saw. The Texas bunch was really impressed. :wink:

Here's the latest progress. Got the fender welting on the fenders and will put the fenders on for good when it cools down just a little bit and I can get another set of hands.
Not hard, just tedious with lots of little details. And you have to use gorilla snot.
Anyway, are the completed fenders waiting to be put back on the bed. Anybody wants to know how to install the welt, let me know and I'll do a write up.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?