Panheads 61 Short stepside f100 build.

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

panheadchuck

Panheads 61 Short stepside f100 build.

Post by panheadchuck »

Well. This truck started out as a parts truck. I found it oncl last year. When i called the guy he tells me "ive had it since 1991 , it has a 429 scj in it . I installed a cam in 95 and hasent run right since so i parked it and never messed with it " ok so i was thinking 429scj yeah right they are all scj motors untill u get there lol. Well i drove about an hour and took a lool at her. Lifted the hood and umm low and behold a real cobra jet complete from intake to oil pan. Wooo hooo. So we haggled a little and in the end i loaded her up for the steal of a price 1300 bucks . I almost felt bad , Almost! Well anyway i let her sot for a few weeks. And changed the oil, put in a new / used gas tank. Changed the fuel pump and carb stuck an old battery in her and voila !!!! She fired right up. Anyway i drove her for a few months and then had a bright idea. Lets make a shop truck out of her. !!!!!! I have a ford 521 crate motor laying around. A new Lentech strip terminator AOD and a strange 31 spline 3:70 true trac. So here we go. !!!!!! If i can figure out how to
Post up pics !!!
390fastback
Canada

Re: Panheads 61 Short stepside f100 build.

Post by 390fastback »

Sounds cool.....but we're gonna need pics!!
62 short-uni, cv front swap, 4.6/auto
plus many other's!
JOSHF100
United States of America

Re: Panheads 61 Short stepside f100 build.

Post by JOSHF100 »

This may help.
How to post pictures here... viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13739

Randall