'61 Not Quite Done. Unibody Build

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

mercuryv8
Canada

'61 Not Quite Done. Unibody Build

Post by mercuryv8 »

Just like my truck this build thread is a long time coming. I spend a lot of time enjoying other peoples build threads so I figure I should try to contribute a little more.

I purchased this unibody in about year 2000. Not much has been done to it, except move it from here to there a few times.

I'm finally at a place physically and financial where I can start doing some work too it. I've ordered a few of the sheet metal parts and started on rebuilding the drive-line components.

I will compile some pictures and get them up today.

Oops wrong picture.... kinda neat though eh
Nic
mercuryv8
Canada

Re: '61 Not Quite Done. Unibody Build

Post by mercuryv8 »

This is the truck just after I bought it

Nic
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Its good to see a long uni going under the knife..

I haven't seen that many builds of them .. I always thought it would be interesting to push the back of the cab back to make an extended cab without having to do any sheet metal work on the sides of the cab below the windows....
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

My long long term plan was to look at making a removable hardtop for it. Using that flat area above the door handles to tie nicely into the removable section. Weld the door window frames to the hardtop. That leaves figuring something out for the area over windshield.

There is a hardtop 55 t-bird in the shop now with a hardtop, maybe I should take a closer look at that.

Nic