Killed the camera!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

LM14
United States of America

Killed the camera!

Post by LM14 »

Well, if you drop a digital camera on a concrete floor it starts doing strange things. The automatic lens cover didn't want to open without a fingernail for help. The "click" sound it made when taking a picture started to sound really odd. It either overexposed or underexposed everything. Good thing Dianne was already camera shopping!

Went camera buying last night. Settled on a Nikon Coolpix L840. Still uses regular AA batteries instead of the high dollar mini battery some others use. It's a bit heavier because of that but Dianne needs the workout.

Shot a few test shots today, all indoors without flash. Just natural light and automatic adjustments.

A few in the area I have the '37 sitting with no lights on but the garage door is open 30' away.

Pretty happy with picture quality indoors with no flash turned on. It's also got 38 power zoom so we should be able to get some good candid shots at Slick Stock next year. Keep a watch over your shoulder if you plan to do something stupid. Alan, it has video if you would be kind enough to repeat the beer volcano nose incident for me.

Thanks,
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
62galxe

Re: Killed the camera!

Post by 62galxe »

For the AA batteries I like eneloop rechargeable. There lack of self discharge from sitting is great.
http://www.eneloop.eu/eneloop-products/ ... eries.html
1963 uni PATINA BLUE
1965 short bed
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

that 37 is pure class
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

man, you got a ton of stuff! lol
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
Sinc

Post by Sinc »

I've had my Nikon L830 for a little over a year now. GREAT camera! You're gonna love the zoom features. I use the Nikon rechargeable AA batteries and they last a really long time per charge. Best of luck with the new toy.

P.S. Great photos of some nice projects! Thanks for sharing!
brute66
United States of America

Post by brute66 »

good way to keep us up to date on your collection, steve. that '37 just looks great the way it is. those headlights are beyond cool. can't understand why all the hype with the '32 other than the was the first year for the V8 (correct me if I'm wrong). those wheels on your slick are 'bad to the bone'