tow a slick with a slick

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

tow a slick with a slick

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

fun stuff.

the 62 f350 arrived Saturday night.took several hours Sunday to start cleaning it out. got rid of all the garbage and leaves in the bed and a lot of junk from the inside.saved a bunch of papers i found inside relating to the truck and its life in Dallas,Tx. then i hooked it up to my 65 4x4 towtruck and brought it in from the road.
i could not allow all the moss and leaves to remain in the cowl so i had to pop out the cover and the vents and flush them out. the cab is rusted only on the floor where the feet go. the dash is not hacked and the windshield is perfect.
the drivers window is broken but still intact and the passenger side is missing the vent window.
there is no engine, but a 15,000 lb pto winch is intact and turned by hand.the tires are thankfully 16.5 and not the hard to find 17.5
the rear end is 5.13

after moving that i hooked up to the maytag 65 f350 that has been in the road a while and moved it out by the other trucks in the back 40.

i need to get the 4x4 towtruck road ready. i still have some lights and mirrors to install and some mudflaps. i guess it will remain ugly and primer till next year because its getting too cold for outdoor painting.

one thing i need is about 4 or 5 sets of door seals. going to have to use those crummy Taiwan ones on the towtruck for now because there sitting in the barn and im short on cash.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

Hey Ice, completely off topic here, but what do you need help on on your computer?

its possible I might have some parts or something I can help you out with. Or perhaps if you can ship it down here I can fix it for you and send it back.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

well, your avatar shows its problem.
thanks for the offer but i am going to try and get a new one soon.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton