Interior Door Storage Compartments

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Macon ACE

Interior Door Storage Compartments

Post by Macon ACE »

Bob Drake has these, and I've seen at least 1 on eBay before:
http://store.bobdrake.com/19fopidostco.html

Opinions? Does anyone have them installed?

$156 is a lot of coin. So I was thinking about trying to find someone to go in on halves for a pair. Would it be weird to just use one in a truck? That is; install one in the driver's door - and keep the plain metal panel in the passenger door.

Have I lost it? Maybe I've been drinking too much Dr. Pepper...
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Lots of guys have them. Before Bob Drake came out with them, they regularly went (used ) on eBay in excess of $200 a pair.

I have seen trucks with only one installed from the factory, much more common than 2 actually. When the factory installed them in singles they were usually on the passenger's side.

I guess they figured the driver hand his hands full with the clutch, 3 on the tree, and armstrong steering LOL :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Macon ACE

Post by Macon ACE »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Lots of guys have them. Before Bob Drake came out with them, they regularly went (used ) on eBay in excess of $200 a pair.

I have seen trucks with only one installed from the factory, much more common than 2 actually. When the factory installed them in singles they were usually on the passenger's side.

I guess they figured the driver hand his hands full with the clutch, 3 on the tree, and armstrong steering LOL :lol:

Hmm... Maybe buy a pair and sell 1 on eBay?
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
f100matt

Post by f100matt »

My truck had em in it when i drug it out of that feild. never seen them before that..
-1966 Ford F100, 352, 4 speed, smoke grey, mustang buckets
-2003 Ford Ranger XL, 3.0, 5 speed
-1989 Ford F250, 460, highboy, 4x4
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

My '66 has 'em in both doors. Beats me if it came that way from the factory, though. :dontknow:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Tonkatoy

Post by Tonkatoy »

don't have any on mine. do they have a storage box behind or just a zippered opening into the door?
64 F100 CC Shortbed
CV PROJECT
64 FAIRLANE 500 4DR
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

TT if you look closely at that pic in the link Ace put up, the gray part there gos in the door about 3" deep, and below the opening a few inches too.
A person with a mind to could get a six-pack of their favourite beverage in there, if they had the mind to :wink:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

mine was in the drivers door and was red in a red on black interior, but who really knows what door it came from the factory in or if it was added later. the truck was definately a dozen owner truck by the time i got it. lol
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Tonkatoy

Post by Tonkatoy »

well anther thing for the wish list. right now it 's on the WANT list but as the truck starts getting back together i think it will move to NEED List.j
64 F100 CC Shortbed
CV PROJECT
64 FAIRLANE 500 4DR
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

damn things wont fit back in without my wing windows :x
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

got all mine in parts trucks or out of the junkyards.sold a few on evilbay, bid on a few nice ones but always they are overpriced.nice items, i have one in each door on my 66 4x4 and one on the drivers door in the towtruck. worst part is the plastic trim surround,they are usually discolored and sometimes cracked from age so end result is i have more good pockets than trim.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

Johnny Canuck wrote:TT if you look closely at that pic in the link Ace put up, the gray part there gos in the door about 3" deep, and below the opening a few inches too.
A person with a mind to could get a six-pack of their favourite beverage in there, if they had the mind to :wink:

When I was in highschool that is exactly what we used the inside of the doors in my old Ford for, works great. :lol:
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:A person with a mind to could get a six-pack of their favourite beverage in there, if they had the mind to :wink:

A six pack! wouldn`t hardley be worth starting the motor for that distance
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:got all mine in parts trucks or out of the junkyards.sold a few on evilbay, bid on a few nice ones but always they are overpriced.nice items, i have one in each door on my 66 4x4 and one on the drivers door in the towtruck. worst part is the plastic trim surround,they are usually discolored and sometimes cracked from age so end result is i have more good pockets than trim.

FYI: Mongrel Motorsports http://www.mongrelmotorsports.homestead ... ducts.html
has the pocket trim made of billet. Pretty dear @ $119 each. They also have the scuff plates @ $180 a pair.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Gritsngumbo wrote:
ICEMAN6166 wrote:got all mine in parts trucks or out of the junkyards.sold a few on evilbay, bid on a few nice ones but always they are overpriced.nice items, i have one in each door on my 66 4x4 and one on the drivers door in the towtruck. worst part is the plastic trim surround,they are usually discolored and sometimes cracked from age so end result is i have more good pockets than trim.

has the pocket trim made of billet. Pretty dear @ $119 each. They also have the scuff plates @ $180 a pair.

i did know that ever since they made the first ones.they are top notch stuff but too expensive for me and the use of my truck. $418 for 4 pieces of aluminum is not really what i would spend on the truck, theres too much other stuff i could have for that.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:
Gritsngumbo wrote:

i did know that ever since they made the first ones.they are top notch stuff but too expensive for me and the use of my truck. $418 for 4 pieces of aluminum is not really what i would spend on the truck, theres too much other stuff i could have for that.

Me too! I have them listed under the "When I win the lottery" category of my wish list.

Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Z-MAN wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:TT if you look closely at that pic in the link Ace put up, the gray part there gos in the door about 3" deep, and below the opening a few inches too.

When I was in highschool that is exactly what we used the inside of the doors in my old Ford for, works great. :lol:

Same here! :lol: Just had to not slam the door, to avoid getting shaken up too badly. :P
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Slick Fan wrote:
Z-MAN wrote:

Same here! :lol: Just had to not slam the door, to avoid getting shaken up too badly. :P

Yes, door slamming can cause an overfoaming situation. Maybe that's why some are on the passenger side?

Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Considering the limited market and the setup costs the prices of the new ones aren't bad. Portion of the procedes go to the "Stop the long bed hate" campaign I have heard.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Tonkatoy

Post by Tonkatoy »

what is the insert made of? if plastic does anyone have any cheap? i'd like to try making my own covers with wood trim. I'm was going to replace the missing covers with wood any way. some say i'm better with wood than metal any way.
64 F100 CC Shortbed
CV PROJECT
64 FAIRLANE 500 4DR