What kind of sandblasting grit

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

61ford

What kind of sandblasting grit

Post by 61ford »

I started doing some blasting again today and it's been a long time since I fooled with it. I was using coal slag black beauty I got at rural king and it's way too abrasive for the body. I couldn't remember how this stuff is rated. What grit do I need to look for to do the body
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
grump

Re: What kind of sandblasting grit

Post by grump »

I've been using the 40/80 from the same place and it seems to work well. That's the finest grit, 30/60 is the next step down. Blast at a 45* angle. I've got a harbor freight blaster and the 40/80 seems to be the only grit I can get to work.
61ford

Post by 61ford »

Ok yea that's my problem mine is a 2040 I'll use it up on the frame. I had a blaster years ago like yours but go look at a "Texas sandblaster". I paid about 800 for it. Basically it's a pot blaster like yours but has a industrial hose and nozzle so you kinda get the best of both worlds. Works awesome
Ryan

61 Ford f100 Unibody short bed
351w/Aod
grump

Post by grump »

Yeah, I never know when mine is going to work and when it's going to decide to take a break.