Home for my Diesel

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jwh f-100
United States of America

Home for my Diesel

Post by jwh f-100 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-Ford-Courier-Mini-Pickup-Rare-Original_W0QQitemZ120166638156QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6221QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My neighbor gave me a little 1980 Mercedes non turbo diesel wagon a few years ago because she knew my interest in old vehicles. Well 1980 isn't all that old and a Mercedes is definatly not a ford but I gladly accepted. When I got it I had a gas "suckin" chebby with a 350 so I have put many miles on the wagon, and enjoyed driving and "tinkering". Since then I got rid of the chevy and bought a much more gas freindly Ford Ranger. Soooo the wagon now sits alot and causes me to think about it's future.

A Ford Courier with a 5 banger deisel. It would definately turn some heads. TURN AWAY that is :D

Jason
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I'm sorry, but... :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Ahhh, memories. I had one that exact color. 8)
1600cc of Mazda fury, couldn't get out of it's own way. Before you start sticking more power in one, let me tell you about the brakes. Two wheel cylinders per wheel, all drum brakes. Best of all, they are not self-adjusting. :shock: Drive it with any vigor (like I did) and you'll be under there weekly giving it more brake and trying like hell to remember which way to spin the little adjuster cogs. Biggest PITA of any vehicle I can remember owning.
I dumped the Japanese carb for a Weber. Made it run better, but didn't have any more power.
Handled pretty well, especially after I stuck some big aluminum Western wheels on it with som Comp T/As. :)
I can also tell you if you overheat 'em, the heads crack. :roll:
Last known to be out west after the guy who bought it stuck a Pinto engine in it and drove it to Idaho.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

EEW... Naw man... stick with the slick.... haha but serious. You have more style than that.... don't you? I hope?
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

EEW...

You said it, :thumright: I'm definatly not going to stray from the Slick but got to admit it would be fun.... Kinda like riding a moped, It's fun 'til your freind see ya. :lol:

You have more style than that.... don't you? I hope?

I do. I think. I hope too... LOL

My 2 ideas of style

[albumimg]2625[/albumimg]
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Be a great way to turn a $400 truck into a $400 truck. Throw the 5 banger in a slick... find a flareside six that's almost done, for the same price. That might have some merit.
Listen to me, talking swapping out ford engines LOL
shoot me now hunting.gif
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

OK hunting.gif faint.gif
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif