Thanks For The Replys, Here Is A Photo:

Looking for a part? Let us know what you're looking for. Surely someone out there has an extra...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

Thanks For The Replys, Here Is A Photo:

Post by chris401 »

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ ... =yfp-hrmob

From what I have gathered in my search the 67-69 used the same block for disc and drum. The picture is of a 4 drum system. On the disc #3 port (pictured) would have a plug and a single line ran to a brass block that splits the front. There is a D0ZX-XXXX-X that was used late 69(?)/70 through the 80's.

I am looking for a bolt up deal. In my opinion the $150 N.O.S. block is a little ridiculous.
Chris
unibody madness
United States of America

Re: Thanks For The Replys, Here Is A Photo:

Post by unibody madness »

That's why I posted about p'n p', that block simply splits the flow with an indicator light, if you hook it up, when you lose pressure front to rear
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

unibody madness wrote:That's why I posted about p'n p', that block simply splits the flow with an indicator light, if you hook it up, when you lose pressure front to rear
Started a new topic by mistake. I went a head and bought the N.O.S. block. Nothing wrong with shopping at the wrecking yard, it is just not what I am doing right now. Lots of work to do yet.
Chris
Chris
Day 2

Post by Day 2 »

Glad you got it sorted out..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I am missing something here cause you cannot mix up valves from trucks without disc and ones with disc. trucks without disc has to have pressure on all 4 wheels and trucks with disc brakes has pressure on the rear wheels only now also if the trucks 67-72 with disc. has 2 valves one under the cab and one under the engine saddle,, right now cannot say on 73-79 F-250's since not at the shop and sometimes research on web can be wrong,,, all 73/79 F-100/150's only have one valve so what I am missing and of course you cannot mix up master cylinders since one has a relif valve < all drum trucks and the other does not < disc. brakes >
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

6166 Junkyard Dog wrote:I am missing something here cause you cannot mix up valves from trucks without disc and ones with disc. trucks without disc has to have pressure on all 4 wheels and trucks with disc brakes has pressure on the rear wheels only now also if the trucks 67-72 with disc. has 2 valves one under the cab and one under the engine saddle,, right now cannot say on 73-79 F-250's since not at the shop and sometimes research on web can be wrong,,, all 73/79 F-100/150's only have one valve so what I am missing and of course you cannot mix up master cylinders since one has a relif valve < all drum trucks and the other does not < disc. brakes >
You did.

Adding to my first post the early disc trucks used a seperate in line proportion valve on the rear after the distribution block. That is the piece that kind of looks like an inline fuel filter.

Here is a fordification topic with pictures covering disc and drum systems:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=53433
Chris