1965 Twin I-beam "Ride Guide" demonstration tool

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

1965 Twin I-beam "Ride Guide" demonstration tool

Post by FORDification »

When Ford debuted the Twin I-beam suspension for the light-duty trucks in 1965, they needed to come up with a way of demonstrating how smooth the ride was to prospective buyers, so they developed this Ride Guide kit. It consisted of two canisters filled with ping-pong balls...one canister would be attached to the hood with a suction cup, the other to brackets attached to the front I-beam and extending up to the front of the hood where it was visible from the driver's seat. On a test drive, you could see and compare the movement of the balls in each canister.

[CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE]

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

There is one of these kits listed HERE on E-bay...and has been listed for more than two years at $1000. Surprisingly enough, it's still there. ;)
However, as I type this, there is another one listed HERE (only the second one I've ever seen) with a Buy It Now price of $125. This is the listing I swiped the above kit pics from, since the only other ones I had were low-res.
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
04sd
United States of America

Re: 1965 Twin I-beam "Ride Guide" demonstration tool

Post by 04sd »

Sold. I figured at 125 it would go quick.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
FORDification
United States of America

Re: 1965 Twin I-beam "Ride Guide" demonstration tool

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, after I posted it here and in the Facebook group, I didn't figure at that price it would last long. Did anyone here get it? I'd be very interested in scanning the instruction book for the FORDification Factory Literature Library.
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special