Happy turkey Day!!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shiny

Happy turkey Day!!

Post by Shiny »

To all my fellow Canuckleheads

Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend and has a safe one too.
Eat lotsa turkey and have a great nap afterwards on the couch!

-Shiny
every movie I've seen the bad guy in the Camaro outruns the cop in the Crown Vic everytime!

'66 Merc "Crewlcab", SWB, clipped, c-notched etc
'65 Merc extra-cab,soon to be 3/4ton 4x4 SWBSOLD
'66 Merc J-Lo and Redford movie truck, from the movie "an unfinished life"
'66 Merc Crew Cab project 4x4 Cummins!
'65 Chevy crew cab
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Well it's thanksgiving here but no turkey for ol' johhny. wife has to work and a bunch of other stuff shakin down round here, so it's gonna be ramen noodles for thanksgiving i fear LOL

Have a good one , those of you with tryptophan snoozies this aft
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

haha ramen noodles...

What sort of screwy Canadian Thanksgiving is this? Never heard of such a thing. HAHA

The real day is in Nov.... The day they massacred the indians... It isn't really the way they tell the kids in school... Society lies WAY too much to little kids....
Everything is a lie or a euphemism when you're little. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I have kids that have to learn all of it. I don't want no lies about everything...

Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Thanksgiving with happy indians, you know. When I kid finds out it was all a lie, what the hell is he gonna think about everything else... I'm still kinda ripped about it. That's my biggest problem with modern christians... Thou shalt not lie, but hell, you can make a big stupid imaginary character to mask the "important" thing that happened on the 'sacred' days...

Sorry I went off on a tangent. I guess it's just because it's been griping me recently...
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

haha ramen noodles...

What sort of screwy Canadian Thanksgiving is this? Never heard of such a thing. HAHA

The real day is in Nov.... The day they massacred the indians... It isn't really the way they tell the kids in school... Society lies WAY too much to little kids....
Everything is a lie or a euphemism when you're little. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I have kids that have to learn all of it. I don't want no lies about everything...

Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Thanksgiving with happy indians, you know. When I kid finds out it was all a lie, what the hell is he gonna think about everything else... I'm still kinda ripped about it. That's my biggest problem with modern christians... Thou shalt not lie, but hell, you can make a big stupid imaginary character to mask the "important" thing that happened on the 'sacred' days...

Sorry I went off on a tangent. I guess it's just because it's been griping me recently...
ImageImageImage
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

:iagree: Blackagatha :laughing:

WOW :shock: And to think all these All these years I believed I was the only one who realized the terrible fact I grew up living within the world of untruths constructed to "protect me". :shock:

My Wife's analyst swears I'm "Anal Rententive", but I'm working on teaching her (analyst) she has no grounds to judge me, except to earn her living & pay for her degree. I insist I am not anal, I am methodical & she is too blinded by her own image of self expertise to be a realisitic and acknowledge that, to herself. Obviously we do not agree on much.

Maybe if adults hadn't BS'd their way thru my life when I was a child with such "fairy tale notions" I 'd feel no need to protect myself from those people who ASS-U-ME to be some sort of an expert about everybody else, like she is. I knew I hit a nerve when she told my wife to leave me at home (or what ever) & not to bring me around.

I guess hearing truth is too much for some people who portend to know everything about everybody all the time. All I really know is the analyst got a attitude when I wore those high rubber boots I use to pour concrete in. Her analytical self was hurt when I said " Hyperbola, rhetoric & BS in her office is dangerously deep for me. I told her she needed "Rothschilds Sewer Sucking Service "QWIK. She said What?

My wife went there to learn ways to deal with stresses she encounters at work as an area resource administrator, with a contingent of 200 idiots to administer, while managing 1,000s of acres of public lands in 5 Counties. BTW the idiots are working towards sundown, payday & retirement. It's a Wild Monkey Goat Rope, a conundrum, and a catch 22 all at the same time {GOD Bless my wife for doing it}. I'd have punched a few of her people out by now. . . . . But I Digress.

Great observation Blackagatha, I agree you have it "Spot-On". :thumright:

PS:
I told my own Kids "Santa" is a popular symbolic graphic representation of a commercial Spirit of Christmas.
Not only did they learn a boatload of $5.00 words early on, they also learned Mom & Dad don't "BS" or lie to them.

What I was unable to explain is why so many people are willing to make up stories & lay them off on their own children as truth, fact, or being historically accurate, only to have their kids figure out at some point in life, their parents were not honest or forthright with them. I know I never figured it out. The Halloween Bunny, Easter Witch & tooth fa. . . (well never mind the tooth character). . . all live on in infamy. . . . :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao:

FBp :peepwall: Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Thanks Shiny
I also will be not having turkey this year. :shock: everyone is away but I that gives me an extra day to work on the slick :D
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

Thanx guys,were having turkey tonite!
Its so cool having turkey eh!Especially not a couple weks before x-mas,like whats the point in that.

Nice hijack FBp and BA,I'll bank this one :wink:
FBp,your insite is rather humourous mind you.

-Shiny
every movie I've seen the bad guy in the Camaro outruns the cop in the Crown Vic everytime!

'66 Merc "Crewlcab", SWB, clipped, c-notched etc
'65 Merc extra-cab,soon to be 3/4ton 4x4 SWBSOLD
'66 Merc J-Lo and Redford movie truck, from the movie "an unfinished life"
'66 Merc Crew Cab project 4x4 Cummins!
'65 Chevy crew cab
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Shiny wrote:Thanx guys,were having turkey tonite!
Its so cool having turkey eh!Especially not a couple weks before x-mas,like whats the point in that.

I agree, having it so close to Christmas just makes everything seem more congested sometimes.

Happy Thanksgiving, you guys! :cheers:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

THANX Shiny, I'll take all the good words I can get. old.gif

:lol: :rotflmao: I spend most of my time laughing at myself, :rotflmao: It's way to depressing
to take myself, or the rest of the world too seriously, . . . doncha know? :lol: :rotflmao:

:thumright: Enjoy your Holidays . . . . . cheerleader.gif

in spite of me & my :2cents: :rotflmao:

point.gif FBp :rotflmao: Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Comet

Post by Comet »

Happy Thanksgiving our neighbors to the north! Save some turkey for us! :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Blackagatha. Our thanksgiving is based on Harvest time. I dunno what yours in the freakin' middle of winter is figured by , but there's typically 6 inches of snow by the time yours rolls around. Ours is based, I think on moon cycles, and changes dates all the time,this year it's quite early, and has nothing to do with Indians, Pilgrims or other people that dress weird. but I do like the 4 day weekend thing yours gets ya! We only get 3
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

I like the 4 day weekend, and an excuse to load my guts with good food... But I wish we didn't have to hide the history of it... Our "protectors" have done a damned good job of covering up America's not-so-lovely past.... I'd say probably 70 percent of adults actually believe the crap about Squanto, and the pilgrims, and all the crap about eating for 3 weeks or whatever... RIGHT... first of all, why the hell would they hog down all the food, then shit it all out, and be hungry as hell for the rest of the winter??? haha

Well, even by some of the more realistic accounts, this may have actually happened. ONCE. In subsequent years, they decided to "declare a day of thanksgiving" the day after a lovely good massacre...

I was pretty pissed when I found out that all the holiday characters was a bunch of shit... They all say it's "the magic of childhood" I say it's the big fat-ass lie to make kids happy for the wrong reasons. I will not have my kids taking pictures with the son of a bitch mall santas....

I guess all of this is part of the reason I've fallen into the ranks of "agnostics" I don't know what the hell to believe. I'm not gonna deny the existence of anything, but I'm not hanging onto any of it. I hang onto Christmas because it's nice, a happy time for everybody and whatnot... But as a celebration of what it stands for (or used to) it's completely bogus... at least in what it has become.
All the childhood lies
One Easter I went forward in the church,
But about a month or two later, I decided that everything I thought about a lot of stuff was wrong. My "GF" who basically was shoving me to "believe" was firmly decided to be an awful person (at least in my opinion), and all sorts of things came apart, and I guess that was the final blow to me... I was left not knowing what to think.

I have a hard time thinking that anything is really chaos, but I think that most of the devout religious are halfway insane. (no offense to anybody if this implicates you). Either way, I don't really think that "he" is looking out for anybody....

And yeah, I'm sure this is my declaration that I wish to be put infront of a firing squad of unhappy comments. I probably have it coming...
ImageImageImage
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

8) Jeez Blackagatha,I like your plans for your slick,should be fairly cool when done.

scared.gif But can I say!,I know where your coming from with the concern about the massacre`s, but !,You lot didn`t invent them.History is full of them and it is how we got to where we are today,try telling a Viking,Roman,Saxon,Hunn or Drewid to give over this is our place,so bugger off!your gonads would be on the webber for dinner.Kids should have a warm and fuzzy childhood with all the good things to look forward to,because as we know,it dont last for ever! I`m sure as with me the firing squad will only be firing rubber bullets. :lol:

Alan
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Every country's history has been covered up by the apparent victors of the slaughters, as Alan says. Better to tell Hero stories of General Patton than to say he slaughtered almost as many of his OWN men at the Batlle of the Bulge as he did Germans, right? Everybody needs heroes, is the story they tell ya.
Z-MAN

Post by Z-MAN »

:2cents:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

There ya go. :lol:
Macon ACE

Post by Macon ACE »

blackagatha,

Dude! Where'd you go to school? You didn't learn the truth about how this continent was conquered, uh... discovered?

Now, don't get me started on that whole "War Between the States" stuff! Lies and damn lies is all they taught about that!

ps: happy thanksgiving!
64 Ford F100 Flareside
68 Ford XL Convertible
87 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
94 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
02 Ford Mustang GT
18 Ford F150 XLT
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

holidays are just events for some big corporations to make extra money.
if the business does not fill up its cash registers during the period between thanksgiving and christmas, they are said to have a bad year.to avoid this as much as possible they hire advertisers to bombard you with useless ads and holiday displays right after the kids return to school.if you have kids you see the advertising hits them hard, they go into a WANT mode. some manufacturers deliberately do not make enough of their items available, thereby creating a need to hurry up and get it before they are all gone.
i could continue i suppose with more of this but i think everyone gets the idea.i certainly did, a long time ago.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

yeah. you guys are right... history is always biased toward the victors... and always cover up what we do to ourselves too..

What is this bit about Patton? I've never heard about this... Just another bit of "History" that has been skewed, eh?

I learned about Thanksgiving in Tucson Unified School District... They preach the same story every year... They never tell you (much) about the real situation... Like when you get into eighth grade or so, they tell about killing indians and stuff, but I don't believe they ever changed their tale about thanksgiving...

I HATE the corporate/big market shit. It makes me sick. Honestly, I've gotten to where mainstream christmas music makes me want to puke. It's that bad.
Personally, considering my lack of conviction on religious stuff and whatnot, I'd just assume celebrate the 4th of july with (xmas) gifts... At least it's something concrete that I can be sure of... and hasn't been completely blown out of proportion and adulterated by society.

I KNOW, I am a pessimist... It will probably kill me someday... but what I believe is pretty hard to change.

You know, it's strange... other religions are much more moderate... Like Jews have their menorah, which is DIRECTLY symbolic to their faith... Everything (as far as I know) means something...
I have a hard time finding Anything in the Christmas tradition that DIRECTLY links to ANYTHING in the faith...
Or the damned easter bunny... where did that thing come from, anyway???

I KNOW... It's all supposed to make kids happy... But shouldn't they be happy enough about what "really happened", if you're of the belief.... All the other religions are....

Modern christianity is so adulterated that I have major fundamental problems with it.... Not to mention that I have a hard time with it "all".

Seriously, I wish I could just be a good little sheep and fall into rank with the others... But I am a renegade I guess. I am a goat. According to the song by Cake, "sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell". My lack of convicting belief troubles me at times, but I must deal with it I guess. I guess it's kinda like how they say gay people are made that way... I didn't chose to be who I am or to believe what I do.... but it seems, at least for the time being, that I am stuck with it...

As an agnostic, I am willing to consider any belief, but hesitant to latch onto anything... I ain't saying anything is "wrong", I'm just saying that I'm not convinced... At least not yet.

And I am kinda sorry that I have turned this thread into this... I just felt like I needed to vent my problems... It's been festering in my mind for a while now... I've needed to get it out in the open... With people that I feel "relatively comfortable" with, even though I've never met any of you...
And somewhere I am sure my Ma won't find it... she would shit. She thinks (or at least hopes) I am a good little sheep. But alas, I am a goat...
ImageImageImage
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

OH yeah... about all the holiday characters... My little brother figured it all out when he was exceptionally young... I don't remember how old, maybe 4-5. He CRIED his eyes out for like a month... NOT because the Easter bunny didn't exist, but because "YOU LIED TO ME!".....

It was probably among the most traumatic experiences in his life thus far... It hurt me to see it... even though I was only 2 1/2 years older.

I guess it may be good in a bad way... Teach kids about deception and trickery. It's too bad it sets them angry at their parents. Has anybody ever thought that this could possibly be one of the first thing's in a modern kid's life that sets them to hate their parents???
Granted, I got over it, but I imagine that some/many kids don't.

I'm not positive, but It just struck me that this may have been around the time my brother decided to screw up the family for about the next 15 years...
Maybe completely unrelated, maybe totally connected. I'll never know...
ImageImageImage