Brought home another project

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Brought home another project

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Instead of making any headway on my truck my wife and I decided to sink money into a motorhome :oops:
We just bought this 1976 Minnie Winnie with 69k. It’s a little dinged up, but everything works and it doesn’t leak. We’re going to freshen up the interior and then hit the road. O, it’s also my first Chevy :shock:

'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Brought home another project

Post by slick4x4 »

That will be fun
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

The CHEVY part might not settle to good with you, but I don't THINK it's killed anybody yet.... luck.gif
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

We enjoy going out for a few days in our travel trailer,but cant go as often as we would like.
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Lowell wrote:We enjoy going out for a few days in our travel trailer,but cant go as often as we would like.
I would’ve preferred a tow behind, but my 87 is a single cab, so it doesn’t work out with the wife and kid. Maybe someday if I buy a newer truck with 4 doors. I think tow behinds are more convenient, but we’ll see how this goes.
oldsmiley wrote:The CHEVY part might not settle to good with you, but I don't THINK it's killed anybody yet.... luck.gif
It’s kinda funny that this is my first Chevy. My grandfather helped start the Chevy dealership in my hometown and worked there his whole life. Somehow I ended up a Ford guy :lol:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

So the wife, kid, and I decided to go camping about 40 miles away as a break in. Rig ran like a top and I even managed 10mpg! No issues at all and everything went as planned.
Our next camping trip was about 450 miles round trip. Everything went fine then about 50 miles from home we lost a water pump belt and overheated (of course while the wife was driving). No problem, grabbed a new belt and were on our way, no head gasket damage. Well we must’ve fried the dizzy a tad because 20 miles from home we lost all power and I had to get the thing towed to a garage. Needed a new distributor, the pickup (PIP- not sure of the proper Chevy term) was done. First time in probably 6 years I had to pay someone to work on one of my vehicles :cussing:
I guess this is the Ford gods punishing me for buying a Chevy :lol:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL