Less than a Year away

our next great event in Marshalltown Iowa

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Less than a Year away

Post by Kid »

Well I am getting pumped about SS being less than a Year away. going to meet up next Month with a few people to see what kind of plans we all have. It is going to be a great time

. There are some great memories of the SlickStocks of the past

Pat having a shocking experience.
A ride in Kens truck.
A ride in Aarons truck.
A ride in Marks truck.
Waking up to my wife looking out the window and telling me our truck was missing.
How the International Carb team was formed.
Us and Greg Masters driving from the midwest to York Pa.in Slicks.
Taking our trucks around Iowa Speedway.
Standing in the parking lot at the first one wondering if anyone was really going to show up.
We have so many memories from these events and made some great friends along the way.
Hope to see our old friends next Year and meet some new ones.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Less than a Year away

Post by slick4x4 »

Yep !!

Always a good time :mrgreen:
Even the times when there is trouble (my brakes failing) :oops:
There are a dozen honeybees buzzing around helping out
And makes for a good story later on .... old.gif

Been trying to fatten the SS piggy bank
We will be there with an old truck :D
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yeah I can't think of anything that sticks out more than some others, they were all great times !

we'll be showing up again, driving like we hired it !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Less than 9 months now !!!

Ive been working on my Slick in my head all summer !
Now it's time to put it in the shop & start for real !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

slick4x4 wrote:Less than 9 months now !!!

Ive been working on my Slick in my head all summer !
Now it's time to put it in the shop & start for real !
Atta Boy Bluey :burp:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
orange1954

Post by orange1954 »

My son and I should have our 64 done by this spring. Curious what SlickStock is all about. Figured it might make a good father/son trip. Appears that it goes on for several days. Is there schedule or calendar created yet that breaks it down or can someone provide some insight on what to expect?
Thanks.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

ALL Is welcome, DOES Not make a difference if you bring a truck, DOES Not make a difference if it's finished or not or brought on a trailer or wrecker, or if you drive a TOYOTA there :lol: :lol: all laid back and places to go and see and if Darrell gets to go to IOA Speedway that will be fun ++ will see members from all over the world,, many different ideas people will have, it's not your typical truck show or gathering and last thought it's never a dull moment into the midnight hours, Bring your cameras or anything that can take plenty of pics. Rain or Shine does not stop it
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

We have several ideas for some day cruise destinations. Once we confirm a day for Iowa Speedway we will fill in the other spots and get a tentative schedule posted. Hopefully sometime in January......

This is not a 'show' in the classical sense with judging or voting. it is just a gathering of people with a common interest.

We will have an area outside near the hotel parking lot(SS Camp) to hang out at between activities.

Typical Weekdays: host hotel serves breakfast but some may prefer elsewhere, gather together mid-late morning for an organized cruise that typically includes a lunch stop and then another cruise destination in the afternoon and back to the hotel late afternoon. Evenings are a little less structured but we will probably have a restaurant identified each night for those that want to go together. Then back to the hotel in the evening to 'hang out'. You can join in the planned activities or do your own thing or just hang out at the hotel SS area - whatever you are in the mood for. A few select die-hards stick it out for the 'late shift' into the wee hours of the morning.

Saturday: Several planned activities starting with a morning cruise and then activities through the day at the hotel - Hot Wheels track/racing, Valve cover track/racing, auction fund raiser (some silent and some live), evening cook out at hotel and final night of camaraderie in the SS camp.

Sunday: Basically just breakfast and departure. Many come from far away and have long drives home so they get on the road early. Others will hang out awhile but most all are typically gone before noon. (hotel checkout typically required around 11)

It's always a good time. Lot's of making new friends and 'bench trucking' with old friends.

(Important Note: as mentioned in earlier post, slick truck not required to attend/participate, condition of slick truck does not matter) this is not a show, it is simply a gathering of Slick truck fans)

(Another Important Note: this is a 'kid-friendly' event so the entire family is welcome!!)
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

I forgot to mention above that there will also be some separate activities a couple days that are geared more toward the ladies.
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan