PLEASE! Keep your slick original!!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

doc, you'd be right at home with the lcoc (lincoln and continental owners club) crowd. wait, even those die hard affectionados of all things original will concede to points of safety such as-at least-a dual resevoir master cylinder and even-gasp-radial tires.
some things were meant to be jacked with. lol

edit...looks like the lcoc might have issues with your way of thinking too...
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
66 POJ

Post by 66 POJ »

I feel the same Doc..........................

about Mustangs!! ss_pokes2.gif
1966 F-100 LB
1966 F-250 LB
2003 F-150 ex-cab 4x4
2003 Explorer EB
2004 Mach 1

Frank
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I have seen a great many original slicks sitting in farmer's fields, original save for perhaps filters and tires, which can be had on eBay. Autolite filters, Coker tires etc,, and usually advertized with the word Shelby or Holman-Moody in the byline can be had for a small upcharge to account for the 'demand'.
Usually, the trucks I've found are between an inch or two of the floor becoming embedded in the prairie soil, forever.

The last fellow I spoke to, typical of hundreds before him, who I met and spoke to between the years 1973 and 2003, turned out to be a shirttail relative of mine. Once I detached his Australian Blue/Border Collie cross safely from my leg, and slowed the bleeding, I discovered he was my father's second cousin, twice removed. Ironically named "Murphy" He was "keeping the truck for his nephew", who was going to "fix it up someday" and it had been parked since the seventies.

The 1964 LWB Mercury M-100, in the lowest, most unprotected from the elements, swampy spot in his yard, has long since begun its sink past the floorboards, on a journey home, returning to nature.
His nephew is touring, still, I believe, with the Australian troupe of "River Dance" or some permutation of said dance group. Apparently, the nephew hasn't yet found the time, tools or gumption to shed his tights and clogs, and fly halfway around the world to work on the (now) beyond-repair Mercury.

So yeah. Keep them Original. They do have a certain eye appeal, halfway up their wheels in mud, with the windows open and the hood up, in a snow drift, just to preserve them better.
No point in actually Driving the damn things. To do that, you'd likely have to change somethng out that would destroy that factory originality and pristine-ness. Heaven forbid.
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on October 12, 2007, 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Phil

Post by Phil »

Its a shame mine showed up all modified :(

It already had a billion reverse side dings from all the gravel it hauled, hammered down bedrails from what had to be piles of cast iron pipe piled acrossed them, rust in the footwells for speed holes and only a zillion butt connetors to get electrons from each 8" piece of wire strung together to get brake lamps to glow dimly. The 78 bumper is a modification that is only slightly superior to a 2x6

Luckily there was already a hole in the floor for somone to stick a mustang shifter to actuate the Lincoln 429 now living there.

I guess if the wiring burns it to the wheel hubs I'll come out ahead on the deal because if i "invest" one more nickle in it I'll be way into the red.
Someday I'll get another slick :(
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

I can appreciate Slicks in modified form, or in bone stock original form. I'm glad to see them in many forms & really appreciate them when they're nicely done, in whichever form they're in.
Whichever...stock or modified, it's just nice to see them around, instead of the bellubutton '56-ish Fords or fistfuls of Chebbies that populate most shows. Not that those trucks are hideous to look at, it's just that they've been done to death.

Just my :2cents:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Slick Fan wrote:I can appreciate Slicks in modified form, or in bone stock original form. I'm glad to see them in many forms & really appreciate them when they're nicely done, in whichever form they're in.
Whichever...stock or modified, it's just nice to see them around, instead of the bellubutton '56-ish Fords or fistfuls of Chebbies that populate most shows. Not that those trucks are hideous to look at, it's just that they've been done to death.

I do not appreciate them modified with Chebby engines, thanks just the same. but then you knew that LOL
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
I do not appreciate them modified with Chebby engines, thanks just the same. but then you knew that LOL

excuseme.gif
those are not modifications, they are aberrations.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Slick Fan wrote:I can appreciate Slicks in modified form, or in bone stock original form. I'm glad to see them in many forms & really appreciate them when they're nicely done, in whichever form they're in.

Yep, got that little bit of info stored away in the 'ol memory bank. :wink: :lol:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

:lol:

Doc you crack me up :D

If anyone is looking for an original Slick, lemme know. I run across them about 4 times a day.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Awww booo freaking hoo.

Gawd forbid someone use their property the way they see fit.

You live in a home with CC&R's aka: home owners associations? Willing to bet you do, 'cause it's the same attitude.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

El, read the latter half of his post. He's poking fun of himself and saying that HE modified his truck exactly as he liked as well.

I know you dont like the guy, but take the time to read his posts if youre going to look in his threads.
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Thank GOD My Slick Is 100% original....... :rotflmao:

Just like "ELpolacko" mine is the only one like it therefore
it's 100% Original because Like Steve, I built mine to suit me.

:hm: Is that Original enough to qualify for y'all? :oops:

Oh Yeah BTW it's not at all OEM in any way shape or form.
In fact I can't think of any part that's really OEM :roll:

FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

:iagree: mine is original Too :peepwall:
Not another one quite like it.
And guys remember Doc is just using JC's Stir stick ss_pokes2.gif
If you read real close you can see his tongue firmly in his cheek LOL
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: WOW! talk about blue cattle dogs bitting your leg off!

Remember Sherman learnt alot from listening to all Mr Peebody had to say.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ripsnorter

Post by ripsnorter »

For those needing a "Doc Translator", here you go.

"Please keep your slick original!

I bought my truck with the intention of not altering one nut or bolt on it. everything was supposed to stay completely original.

Then I decided dual master cylinder sounded good. Then I decided sound proofing sounded good. Then I decided that a nicer bumper sounded good. I still want to keep it original though. Ah screw it, its not original but I like it. "

His version was much more entertaining though.
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

Doc i think what you did is called a restomod. Just in original condition.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

FORDMANLCRACKEL wrote:Doc i think what you did is called a restomod. Just in original condition.

Lonnie

:lol:
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Thanks Doc for keeping us on our toes. I am proud to say that my truck is completely original too! 8)

I had originally planned for an original 460 that I built originally from an original idea in my head.

The paint scheme is an original color that I originally chose.

My Ranger option is original being that that it is equipped with a one off Hurst slapstick.

My original intent was for the truck to haul AZZ!!!!!!!:arse:

I am so glad that I have an original Slick :rotflmao:
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

ELpolacko wrote:Awww booo freaking hoo.

Gawd forbid someone use their property the way they see fit.

You live in a home with CC&R's aka: home owners associations? Willing to bet you do, 'cause it's the same attitude.

:iamwithstupid:

I would have to agree, but I also know that you are just stateing your opinion and not trrying to pick a fight.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

ripsnorter wrote:El, read the latter half of his post. He's poking fun of himself and saying that HE modified his truck exactly as he liked as well.

I know you dont like the guy, but take the time to read his posts if youre going to look in his threads.

If the post is too long to read there should be cliff notes availible. :)
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread