Title from a parts truck.

A place just for our project & build threads.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

19Bob65

Title from a parts truck.

Post by 19Bob65 »

Guys I am in need of help if at all possible. Arkansas is fighting me for a lost title for this old pickup I bought last summer. If at all possible if you have a spare or know a better way about getting a title please let me know. Went to a junk yard and they wanted my first born for a salvage title.
BobbyFord

Re: Title from a parts truck.

Post by BobbyFord »

Not sure what you’re asking. Here in California we just apply for a lost pink slip.
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Titles are very sticky in most states.... Not all.

Recommendations are,
#1 get a mechanics lein against the truck for all it is worth to you... Storage fees, parts needed to keep the truck stored/maintained properly. You usually need receipts and a neighbor who says it's been stored at your place for XX Months or years..
Obtaining a title can bring out the people who want to profit from you or take what you have, a good lein will deter those.

#2 check into obtaining a "possession or lein" title.
With a mechanics lein, you may be able to get a title after jumping thru a few hoops..
"I have stored and maintained this vehicle in good faith for the previous owner who has abandoned it..."

#3 Oklahoma has a "published or possession title" do you have friends on the other side of the line. Find a title shop across the line...

:2cents:
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
19Bob65

Post by 19Bob65 »

@FarmMotorSports I got some friends over in OK, I’ll also look into a Mechanics lein. Thank you guys, I just wanna drive the slick around town.
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

If all else fails you can get a "certificate of ownership" (not really a title but will pass for a title in a most of states) from Vermont (vehicle must be over 15 years old), they will issue the CoO to non-residents but it is a little pricey, you basically have to pay the NADA value in sales tax, buy a license plate & registration, and they will send you the CoO, here in Indiana the DMV will accept that as a title and after a police check will issue a state title and of course more taxes will have to be paid....

We did this on a car awhile back that we bought without a title, we knew the history of the car but the people had lost the title years ago, and the person who the car was titled to had been dead for a number of years, our state stopped issuing titles based on a bill of sale, they use to if you had a police check but no longer will accept one.

I was told that Tennessee is pretty lax on the rules but you would need to have a residence there for that to work.

The thing is that you need to be prepared and have a story to tell the DMV in your state that is believable if you do the Vermont thing because they are going to look at you kinda' weird that your not moving from Vermont.... just plan it all out before you go so you have the correct answers and don't offer any info they don't ask for....you will need a "bill of sale" to do just about any of these things, how you come up with that is up to you.

Here's a few links...

https://dmv.vermont.gov/tax-title/vehicle-title
http://www.chinonthetank.com/2014/04/ge ... istration/

Hope this helps.

Jon
04sd
United States of America

Post by 04sd »

Blanger wrote:If all else fails you can get a "certificate of ownership" (not really a title but will pass for a title in a most of states) from Vermont (vehicle must be over 15 years old), they will issue the CoO to non-residents but it is a little pricey, you basically have to pay the NADA value in sales tax, buy a license plate & registration, and they will send you the CoO, here in Indiana the DMV will accept that as a title and after a police check will issue a state title and of course more taxes will have to be paid....

We did this on a car awhile back that we bought without a title, we knew the history of the car but the people had lost the title years ago, and the person who the car was titled to had been dead for a number of years, our state stopped issuing titles based on a bill of sale, they use to if you had a police check but no longer will accept one.

I was told that Tennessee is pretty lax on the rules but you would need to have a residence there for that to work.

The thing is that you need to be prepared and have a story to tell the DMV in your state that is believable if you do the Vermont thing because they are going to look at you kinda' weird that your not moving from Vermont.... just plan it all out before you go so you have the correct answers and don't offer any info they don't ask for....you will need a "bill of sale" to do just about any of these things, how you come up with that is up to you.

Here's a few links...

https://dmv.vermont.gov/tax-title/vehicle-title
http://www.chinonthetank.com/2014/04/ge ... istration/

Hope this helps.

Jon
I know someone that did the Vermont thing for an old F1 pickup. He was actually driving the truck in PA with the Vermont tags on it but then had to get the PA title when he decided to sell it. No issues except paying the Vermont sales tax.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
Blanger
United States of America

Post by Blanger »

04sd wrote:I know someone that did the Vermont thing for an old F1 pickup. He was actually driving the truck in PA with the Vermont tags on it but then had to get the PA title when he decided to sell it. No issues except paying the Vermont sales tax.
Worked fine for us as well, originally they told us if we transferred the CoO/title to our home state we had to return the license plate ( I think Vermont residents pay personal property taxes on their vehicles), so after we transferred the paper into a Indiana title the wife called their DMV and was told no we didn't have to do that, she waited a few days and called back (to get a different person hopefully) and was told no again so we have the plate hanging in the shop as a reminder to not buy a vehicle without a title unless it's a really really good deal. lol

Jon
19Bob65

Post by 19Bob65 »

Thanks Guys I'm going to look into the Oklahoma thing this summer, from what I can tell thats the last place is was registered, found a paper and an old license plate.
Chris W

Post by Chris W »

what part of Arkansas are you from
19Bob65

Post by 19Bob65 »

Hey Chris, I'm in Rogers, Arkansas up in the Northwest corner
Chris W

Post by Chris W »

I live in Muldrow Oklahoma down by the good ole Fort Smith lol
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

I received a title on the 62 4x4 I sold to Chris last summer. Cost about $150 to have the service performed. Took 6 weeks and have a clean green OK title. Let me know if you need a contact name.
Chris W

Post by Chris W »

orangeRcode wrote:I received a title on the 62 4x4 I sold to Chris last summer. Cost about $150 to have the service performed. Took 6 weeks and have a clean green OK title. Let me know if you need a contact name.
How did you get it ?
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

I've got the contact info on a processor who completes your request after you fill out the necessary paperwork. I will PM her contact info to you.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Did you get it Chris? I messaged Sirene and told her you may be contacting her.
Chris W

Post by Chris W »

orangeRcode wrote:Did you get it Chris? I messaged Sirene and told her you may be contacting her.
Yes sir Thanks