Visited a nice salvage yard yesterday

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

tomsrod
United States of America

Visited a nice salvage yard yesterday

Post by tomsrod »

Yesterday, a friend and I visited Doug's 4 Wheelers just outside of Pella Iowa. He's got dozens of Slicks in the rolling hills as well as many other makes and years of trucks and some cars. I didn't have my phone so no photos, but worth a look. I didn't see any unibody tailgates, but he did have a half dozen unibodies that had decent doors and tail sections. Lots of grilles, emblems, a few 4x4s, some one tons, lots of glass and tailgates. Everything is packed in pretty tight and the grass gets high in places, wear jeans.

He's not cheap and knows the value of old parts. You can walk the yard, take a photo of what you want and he'll tell you what it will cost. Then you can go back and pull the parts and then pay him. There is a website, but it doesn't do the place justice. You can call him. He's an interesting guy, go early and spend the day.

Pat
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Visited a nice salvage yard yesterday

Post by slick4x4 »

Sounds like a neat place (for us weirdos) 8)
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER