in cab tank replacement?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Anthony
United States of America

in cab tank replacement?

Post by Anthony »

is there a part number for a replacement in cab tank out there? can I use a vented tank and have the vent closed off? where would be the best place to purchase one of these tanks? will a stopped up vented cap cause strong fumes inside the cab? a lot of questions but I am wanting to get this fixed ASAP.. :) any and all help is appreciated Slicksters.. thanks.. 1966 F250, built 300 I-6, 4:10 gears with granny 4sp, 1976 F250 Highboy running gear with one ton springs, power brakes with front discs, power steering, old Sears under dash A/C, power lumbar seat.. I'm sure there is more (soon to have a dump cylinder under the bed) Image
fire704

Re: in cab tank replacement?

Post by fire704 »

Don't use a vented "tank". The gas cap outside is vented. I suggest you contact 6166 junkyarddog on this sire. Tom can ,fix you up.
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

thanks guys, I appreciate the help.. I will start with Tom :) he is one of us.. thanks
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

A cautionary tale.

I bought a non vented from LMC and ended up having the line redone. The 5/16" had a 13/64" flare at the tank. Once I had it enlarged to a straight 7/16" I quit having fuel starvation problems. Turns out the tank also was made for a bump side but due to shelf life I didn't bother with the hassle of returning it. Just fixed and used it.

EDIT: It is a 1965 F-250, 352 V8, 2 wheel drive.
Chris
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

thanks Chris.. here is my update.. I met up with Tom, flashbackf100s.com , at Carlise the first weekend of August. I bought a perfect used tank, a new sending unit with gasket and new screws, and a set of door seals for my '66 got to talk to 2 great and knowledgeable people, and enjoyed a good weekend getting to see Tom and Kathy. Tom will for sure be my first call for anything else I need... Thanks Tom for the parts and the conversation!! you 'da man!!

Image Image