slick trailer

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cookster4495

slick trailer

Post by cookster4495 »

As I myself have no metal fabricating talent,does anyone/has anyone ever
made a trailer with an old truck frame and box ? I see them around and when ask I get the '' I bought it like this'' answer.

Anyone here looking for a winter project???? I have a 65 short that would be the donor. Just curios how much effort is put into such a job. Larry
1961 f250 4x4
1964 f250 crew cab
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Only problem with those is they are extremely heavy.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

If I was closer I would trade you the shortbed for a trailer I made from a 65 longbed.
I removed the ring gear from the rearend so the pinion wouldn't be turning all the time and remove what drag that might have. Email if you have any questions on how to build the trailer.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

I did a 74 once Larry. Cut the frame just behind the cab mounts--cut a wedge on each side just ahead of the box---fold in --weld and plate---go to TSC and get the triangular hitch --weld it on.
Only other thing is to cut the factory wiring long and put an end on it.

I left the rear alone and towed that thing all over the place even to Canada afew times. The only surprise is if you don't have it hitched to anything and you climb in .
She WILL stand on end !!!
NO WEIGHT JOKES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.