Help, on IDing an eletronic ignition module box?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

truckerdaddy66

Help, on IDing an eletronic ignition module box?

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

Trying to find out what year box I have.
The part number is D8VE12A199A10
I wired it like a dura spark 2 and didn't get any spark.
Want to make sure I hooked it up right .

Thanks ,Fred New Caney ,Tx.
shawns fords

Post by shawns fords »

looks like it came out of a 78, I beleieve they stil lgo by colors on the pig tails. I keep a spare on my 78 just in case, but as far as I know the ign module is color coded on the pig tail and for some reason I cant remember the reasoning right now. I would atleast look to see if its the same color on both ends of the harness before going any farther
truckerdaddy66

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

Thanks for the reply Shawn. If it is a 1978 I have wired it right,guess I have a bum box or pick up in the distributor.

Thanks again ,Fred
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

The Duraspark instructions I have used for years say you need the module that has a blue grommet where the wires come out of the box. Some of the odd emission controls that Ford tried changes the timing and advance too much. They were identified by the color of the plastic grommet.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Truckfarmer wrote:The Duraspark instructions I have used for years say you need the module that has a blue grommet where the wires come out of the box. Some of the odd emission controls that Ford tried changes the timing and advance too much. They were identified by the color of the plastic grommet.
:thumright:
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread