They Are On Sale

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Truckrat
United States of America

They Are On Sale

Post by Truckrat »

Ok Guys, When I checked my mailbox today there was a Sale Ad from Classic Auto Parts here in OKC. Those repop core supports are on sale for $229. and the front fenders for $249. I don't know what you might have on your list for the Jolly Fat Guy to bring you for Christmas, but I went through this sale ad and found a lot of Slick Stuff. Brand new hood hinges with springs are $65 each. New Window regulator assemblies are $75. Wiper arm assemblies with 15 inch blade are $12 per side. Cab to frame pad kits for 61-64 2WD $65. Cab to frame pad kits for 65-66 2WD $110. 61-66 Door Glass Anti-Rattler kit(does both doors) $139. Interior door storage compartments (the ones with the zipper that fits in the doors) $199 a pair. Any of you guys need any of these things, you can go to www.classicautoparts.com and place your orders online or call 1-800-654-3247. Make sure you mention sales code X08 when placing your order so you get the special pricing. And NO I don't work for these guys, and I don't get paid to do this, I just thought I would pass this along to all you guys who might be needing something like I listed here and wanted to save a few bucks. I want some of those hood hinges and cab mounts for my 65. There is a lot more stuff on sale that I didn't mention here, so check it out, and I hope you can find something you need. The Sale will be on until January 31 of 2008. TR
Truckrat
United States of America

sale

Post by Truckrat »

Well, the sales ad won't come up on that link for me.
Big help! I tried several ways to view it, but can't seem to make it come up. Guess I am not computer savvy enough. TR
Slick Fan

Re: sale

Post by Slick Fan »

Truckrat wrote:Well, the sales ad won't come up on that link for me.
Big help! I tried several ways to view it, but can't seem to make it come up. Guess I am not computer savvy enough. TR

Is that this link? http://www.classicautopartsgroup.com/pd ... pickup.pdf

I can't get it to work on my home confuzer either, I bet my one at work will show ok...it's a newer confuzer & usually does better on pdf files. :)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Truckrat
United States of America

sale

Post by Truckrat »

Well..............I sent an e mail to classic about this, and maybe they'll send me a better link. The sale ad I got is what I started this post from. You guys can shoot them an e mail and request one of these sales flyers. I buy stuff from them now and then, so they send these to me every year. Bought a turn signal switch for my 57 from them the other day. Sorry about the link. They need to make it easier for customers to access the sales ads without a hassle. TR
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Thanks for the info TruckRat and the link SlickFan. Works fine for me. I may have to give myself a set of those door pockets for Christmas!
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
frank66
United States of America

Post by frank66 »

Anybody know the quality of the aftermarket front fenders? Are they all the same?
douglloyd

Post by douglloyd »

How about the repro core supports? What years are covered?

Anybody try these? I would think this is a tough piece for any mfr to get right without some major heavy metal presses or stampers.

thanks,
Doug
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

It's my understanding that many of the vendors get their parts from a single mfg source...such as Dick Carpenter (as an example).
Volume is the only way you can make a profit on most of these items.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
Truckrat
United States of America

fenders and coresupports

Post by Truckrat »

Guys, They had these on display the last time I was over there, and they are made from a thinner guage metal than the originals, but make building a truck a lot easier. Figure the ones we have are 40 plus years old, so a new one should last us a long time since we aren't "working" most of these trucks anymore. They are probably getting treated better than ever. The Coresupport they sell is patterned after the 61-64, but according to them, can be used on a 65-66 with minor mods.
This was selling at the Pate Swap Meet for $299, so it is 70 bucks off that.
Not going to see a new one any cheaper I am guessing. TR