t-5 questions

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Xcessive

t-5 questions

Post by Xcessive »

Ok guys still looking at options that I have for my engine/ tranny combos.

What all is needed to put in the t-5? How do they fit when compared to the original tranny? do I have to relocate my shifter?

For what ever reason im pretty partial to my shifter and the location lol, so I would like to not change it up at all.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

With a T-5 in a Slick, depends on what engine you have. Behind a small block if it's not too hot it would be fine, the "World Class T-5" is still only rated for just over 300 Ft Lbs of torque. There is an adaptor out there to mount one to a FE but I wouldn't do it. You can move the shifter location to pretty close to stock for a Slick by replacing the tail shaft housing with one from a S-10. You might also look at a M5OD from a 92-96 F 150 with a 300-6 or either of the Windsors, they are more common in good shape (WC T-5s came in 5.0 Mustangs - you figure it out, lol) and have a shifter location & length that will work better in your truck if you like your stock floor shifter. If you get a M5OD replace the shifter seals (cheap easy job & you'll have the shifter out to put it in anyway), the tranny can run dry when the seals get bad.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Check out my website.

I have one behind my 300.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
unibodyboy

Post by unibodyboy »

I've got one behind a built y-block, and it's excellent.
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15.13
Xcessive

Post by Xcessive »

Im trying to find options for right now while im in the middle of trying to gather parts for the 460/TKO-600 swap :) Ill take a look at the m5od