Wiper wiring Idea need help

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

norville

Wiper wiring Idea need help

Post by norville »

Folks, I had an idea. I'm sure someone has already thought of this so, here goes it.

I have a wiper setup froma 72 in my 65. I have 2 speeds, self home and squirted on my switch. I would like to wire up a momentary button that I can press to just clear the windshield. I don't need fancy intermittend wipers. Simular to modern vehicles when you occasionally need to clear the WS.

I'm looking for thoughts on this and help on a parts list if possible. I cannot see why it will not work. I did try to wire my current switch so when I pushed the squirter in the switch it would wipe the screen. However, I nearly smoke the switch ,too much current .

So any thoughts on what to cut into and what current rating momentary switch I would need. I'm thinking about putting it above the ignition switch. Where some folks have the wiper squirter.

thanks,

bob
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Head to harrys and get a switch and delay from a late 80s or 90s Bronco or truck...

Plug and play....

Well maybe a little rewire... I have a 88 delay in Christine and you just tap the switch to the left to give it a short swipe then back to off .

Works really well with the two speed motor, not that it rains here tho.....

Garbz
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Head to harrys and get a switch and delay from a late 80s or 90s Bronco or truck...

Plug and play....

Well maybe a little rewire... I have a 88 delay in Christine and you just tap the switch to the left to give it a short swipe then back to off .

Works really well with the two speed motor, not that it rains here tho.....

Garbz